Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,817   Posts: 1,581,640   Online: 778

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

And now for something a little bit different...5X14 Camera!

My first ever NEW camera! Thanks to a lot of excellent help from Hugo, I had the folks at Chamonix build me a 5X14 camera! 2.8 : 1 ratio.

The story and first 10 or so pictures are HERE.

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com/Ch...onix_5X14.html

Sorry, I didn't get pics of the Chamonix itself yet, but will follow up with those. But there are about 9 or 10 pictures made with the new format to get an idea of just how wide 2.8 : 1 is. You might have to re-size your viewing screen

Pretty tough to get a real feel for these with 90kb jpegs. They have a surprising presence when printed and matted. MORE than I originally expected.

Go have a look and let me know what you thought.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Neato!
    Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things! http://rwyoung.wordpress.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Very nice.

Would love to see the camera, though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    wow, fan flippin tastic

13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Nice photos as always Jim. The ratio is very appealing as it appears that it makes you do your sky and foreground cropping on site instead of in the darkroom? I also would like to see a photo of the camera.

cheers eh?

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Nice, Jim. I see your selection of lenses is fairly close to mine for 5x12. My most used lenses are 210 Graphic Kowa, 240 Docter and 450 Nikkor-M. I also use a 355 G-Claron and my trusty 203 mm Kodak f/7.7.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by colrehogan View Post
    Nice, Jim. I see your selection of lenses is fairly close to mine for 5x12. My most used lenses are 210 Graphic Kowa, 240 Docter and 450 Nikkor-M. I also use a 355 G-Claron and my trusty 203 mm Kodak f/7.7.
    Very surprised to hear the little 203 f7.7 will cover 5X12. I figured 5X7 would be a stretch for that lens. I'll probably massage my lens choices a bit.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very interesting format Jim. Please post more when you have them.

Barry

Shooter
    35mm
    Congrats on the camera, Jim. I find some of the door/window shots simply wonderful. Where can I buy a Galli print? I'd like to get "Cribs, Goldfield NV" (270 G-Claron), and there is one portrait of yours in particular that my mom wants.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    That looks like too much fun, Jim. Take a look at Lois Conner's 7x17 stuff for some really excellent panoramic work, if you haven't already. The cheap film is definitely enticing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin