Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,897   Posts: 1,584,337   Online: 839

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi again,
    thank you for the replies and links, lovely crisp pictures Doug.

We took it out to play at the weekend but the light conditions were really too low. To compensate I took double and some triple exposures on the low speed (1/50th) setting with Delta 400 & HP5, problem with this was there was some camera shake evident so multiple exposures are not ideal. We shot the first 3 exposures on the first film with the camera taped up with electrical tape to prevent light leaks, then peeled it all off for the final exposure, just to find out if there was any light getting in anywhere. We were very pleasantly surprised to find there were none at all and shot another couple of films without any tape.

Using Ilford films we worked the spacings out to be the first star/flower markings on the backing paper after Nos 2,6,10 & 14 showing through the film counter window. Giving 4 exposures per film.

Hope to get some pics up here in the next couple of days.

We're looking forward to taking it out in decent light...if we ever get any this winter!

Mandy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the compliment on my Panoram pics.

D'oh! I forgot to mention the 2-6-10-14 spacing. Sort of an important thing....

I've never tried multiple exposures, figuring my (sorta light) tripod would move. I've also read a claim on the Net that a guy manually moved the lens back and forth (spring pressure is really light once the lens leaves its nest), but that would seem to have issues as well, and I cannot confirm or deny.

In low light (unless it's *really, really* low), you could take 400 speed film and the low-speed lens setting (high is about 1/100 and low about 1/50, near as I can guesstimate) and then push-process it. Since there's only 4 frames, it's not like it's going to just sit in there.

And if the light was really low, that may be why you had no light leaks. I hope you don't have light leaks, but be aware you may still have them on a bright day.

I also tape over the ruby window with gaffers tape, and then just peel it back when advancing film.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin