Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,663   Posts: 1,481,655   Online: 814

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm really interested in pursuing panoramic imaging more - haven't heard of the Kodak Panoram, so one more thing for me to research, thanks!

I had a friend (more adept at software than I) stitch together a series of Widelux images - worked very well. He also used a small digital P&S with some software he found to make perfect 360's...apparently the chip or centre of the camera was directly over the tripod head, making aligning the shots much easier.

Thanks for posting those shots, very interesting to see.

Also: one website I loved when I got my Widelux was actor Jeff Bridges'. Apparently he's been shooting with one for years.
    http://www.jeffbridges.com/Widelux.html
    Last edited by Colin Corneau; 01-03-2008 at 08:12 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: forgot to add last point

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Stitching with the Widelux is nice and easy, with good matches, because if you look at it the tripod socket is concentric with the lens axis' of rotation. So if you level it out nicely, and then just take 4 shots at the 4 corners of the compass (90 degrees apart, but the image covers 120 degrees so you have lots of overlap), you can do a 360 reasonably easy.

I've seen Bridges' stuff - excellent stuff it is. Keep meaning to buy his book someday.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin