Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,419   Online: 797

Shooter
    35mm Pan

Simple question about the Fuji GX617

The Fuji GX617: If you take the back off and compose/focus an image using the ground-glass screen, is the image you see on the ground-glass screen upside down? I am assuming the answer must be yes (but assumptions can be wrong, hence checking). I am after moving up from an xpan, but am frustrated with the parallax effect of being a rangefinder - not getting 100% viewfinder-to-plate match. I am assuming the ground-glass in a GX617 gives 100%match, but rotated through 180degrees - is that right?

(I know the GX617 also has above-mountable viewfinders, like the XPAN 30mm lens finder. As an aside, how do these compare to the XPAN finders for coverage?)

Many thanks in advance for all advice.
    Dylan Reisenberger

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dreisenberger View Post
    The Fuji GX617: If you take the back off and compose/focus an image using the ground-glass screen, is the image you see on the ground-glass screen upside down?
    Yes.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin