Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,918   Posts: 1,521,928   Online: 1088

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Custom chamonix?

After seeing the new Ebony 617S and drooling, shortly followed by weeping at the price I was wondering whether anybody would be able to make a similar 6x17cm pano camera at a more reasonable cost. I emailed mr Zhang to ask whether it'd be possible after seeing the stunning custom 5x14" here. He hasn't replied yet but what dya reckon at the possibility of it though?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You mean using 120 film or sheet film?

I've asked about custom backs and sheet holders. They are willing and the prices aren't out of the world. OTOH I wanted the back to fit one of their stock cameras so it's only the back and holders that would be custom.

A 6x17 sheet film pack on a 5x7 camera shouldn't be very hard or expensive. OTOH the custom film holders would be.

What don't you like about the various 6x17 rollfilm backs?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No, that's what I mean, a 6x17cm camera that'll take a 120 rollfilm back. Possibly the DaYi cause I've just looked at the Horseman back and that alone is over £700, which is sick! Perhaps I'm better off buying a 4x5 and getting a 6x17 back, but I think a dedicated 6x17 would be amazing if they're able to make one at a reasonable price. I really want to get into this format and am thinking about the different options.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Shen Hao FCL [either the 5x7 or 8x10] and the matching 6x17 back. IIRC the Ebony 6x17 is heavier and maybe bigger then the FCL57 and not much different then the 8x10.

Going this way you avoid the limits of using a 4x5 camera. You spend a little more on the camera but the back is less money.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin