Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,867   Posts: 1,583,210   Online: 885

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format

SCAM: Fuji GX617 on craigslist

I saw one these on the Philadelphia craigslist for $1301, upon checking out ebay I found the same pictures there in a current listing (not mine). The Ad was pulled from the Philly site but I wouldn't be surprised if it was posted elsewhere as well. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I saw the same scam on the Seattle Craigslist late last week.
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Here in Northern California today as well. If it's too good to be true...
    Kerik Kouklis
    Platinum/Gum/Collodion
    www.kerik.com
    2014 Workshop Schedule Online

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just saw this on the Orangecounty.craigslist.org too. I thought the price was way too good for a 6x17 with lenses!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    http://dallas.craigslist.org/pho/563490668.html

And in Dallas. Other than price - what is the tip-off that this is not on the up and up?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    yeah -I'm not sure i see the problem. If you pay the money and the camera seems fine... what's the scam...??? I've frequently seen people selling things on CL in different areas. They tend to ship what they're selling. I'd imagine they get a better response than just locally.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    In the Seattle example, the actual owner of the camera linked to his own pictures of his auction on Ebay. The shots were of exactly the same camera, so I guess it could be that someone was too lazy to take their own pictures, but you have to wonder. He seemed to think someone was attempting to rip people off. As always, it's buyer beware.
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries

gx617

i saw same in Boston craigslist, also check ebay, same picture

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Yeah that was what tipped me off when I saw it, I didn't know what these go for but I had a feeling that the price was really low. I searched ebay and the same pictures popped up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    yeah - but if it's the same seller...? I'll freely admit doing the same thing previously. Selling something on ebay vs. craigslist and using the same pics...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin