Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,445   Posts: 1,570,016   Online: 884

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Jim:

Your image is nicely composed for a first time cirkut user. The mountain peak, buildings and mine dumps make the photo work.

BUT....

Needless to say your development technique is a bit off. The dark vertical lines are mostly from development, not from banding so you should be able to solve that problem with practice. There is a hint of banding caused by the camera and it will probably never go away in your Nevada sun. Every banding flaw in the sky stands out as odd. You could us an anti Ansel Adams blue filter to make the sky white to hide the lines. The old guys had the advantage of ortho film.

Anyhow, conquer the development problem and you are 98% there. It is a nice image that you should reshoot, or I will come down and do it.

Ron

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by panoramic View Post
    Jim:

Your image is nicely composed for a first time cirkut user. The mountain peak, buildings and mine dumps make the photo work.

BUT....

Needless to say your development technique is a bit off. The dark vertical lines are mostly from development, not from banding so you should be able to solve that problem with practice. There is a hint of banding caused by the camera and it will probably never go away in your Nevada sun. Every banding flaw in the sky stands out as odd. You could us an anti Ansel Adams blue filter to make the sky white to hide the lines. The old guys had the advantage of ortho film.

Anyhow, conquer the development problem and you are 98% there. It is a nice image that you should reshoot, or I will come down and do it.

Ron
    Come on down and bring the 22" camera with you BTW, this is the foundry where your 22" camera was made. We were there to look for patterns in the wood pattern storage building that might say "Sheelor" on them. Time was limited, but it was fun to look.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks Doug. Ron's info about the developing was actually great news. Much easier to fix something I'm doing wrong than if the camera was doing it. I'm actually closer than I originally thought.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is still a good shot, even with the banding. Hope you can solve your problem. Unfortunately, due to space (and money) constraints, I am limited to the size of camera I can use. I presently have a Toyo 4x5 view camera which I am slowly learning to use. I would like to get a Kodak Panoram when my budget allows, and also a cirkut 5 or 6. that would be about my limit on size. I'll probably be retiring in another year and I'll have a bit more time, but for now I'm trying to get some stuff while I can still afford to. The other limitation is finding film. five inch aerial film can be found, but it ain't cheap. My hat is off to you guys who are keeping this flame burning in me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin