Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,269   Posts: 1,534,420   Online: 942

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by europanorama View Post
    you need a 30x loupe to see that aperture 16 on s3pro is not as sharp as in ho 202. it was a big mistake to change lens-design. i know that truth is sometimes not welcome but it will avoid further mistakes. its the same with lens-quality in common. camera-quest-owner stephen gandy told that if the manufacturers would only produce the best lenses they would get bancrupt. if you are lucky with your ho s3pro then you have not enlarged the images enough. europanorama
    Mabey this is true, mabey it isnt, but for most applications, if you have to go that far (30x) to prove your point then good for you. It will still suit 95%+ of people that want to use this camera for web or ~A3 size prints, and by your own admission you wont see any difference at that level.

Honestly if what your saying is true i dont care - I would expect a 6m wide print from 35mm to be unsharp upclose from almost any camera and would have gone for my 617 long before then anyway.

As with any tool its all about being fit for use, and s3 pro is perfectly fine for me and a lot of other users that know the limits of it. Theres no need to be rude about it because some of us realise that and dont hold things to standards well beyond what they are designed for.

Shooter
    35mm
    Is there any other uses of this pano out there. I was looking at there new U500 model & wondered if the extra feature is worth the extra spend ?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I'm currently shooting with my S3 Pro in Spain and Italy. I enjoy using it and look forward to processing my film when I get back. I use chrome films with it and love the results. Also it's a very small portable camera that pairs well with my Pentax MX over my other shoulder when street shooting.
    David S. Nardi Photography
    'preserving the beauty in nature'
    www.davidnardi.com

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    buy s3pro but you must let an expert exchange its lens by a 202-lens. wiese fototechnik of hamburg can do it. he told me he could probably get these lenses ro defective cameras. i would buy a 202 from him. not cheap but perfectly working.
    all the opinions about a better lens are lies. i do not like dishonest people. kmz-zenit made a mistake and cannot confess, let alone start shipping cams with the right best lens. s3pro is the best horizon. 202 has the better lens. never ending discusions is waste of time. i had invested too much time with non-working horizons.
    www.3dreal.tk
    www.stereopan.org
    under reconstruction
    3dstereomedia
    aeropanorama
    marspanoramas

Shooter
    35mm
    I ended up getting a 202 as it was allot cheaper & I prefer the square shape. Really enjoy the camera & so far no problems except down under being way to bright, limiting the time I can shoot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin