Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,613   Online: 1131

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format

Seitz stops making film cameras

Seitz (Roundshot) just announced that the are going to cease manufacturing film cameras after a last production run of their current two rollfilm models.

They are going to bundle their forces on their digital cameras.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sad but not suprising.
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm honestly surprised they waited this long. As much as I love my two seitz cameras, the film for the 70mm camera will likely be discontinued. I'd love to own the high end digital version for color work, for both rotational and 6x17. I would still use my cirkuts for b&w work, and the film cameras for as long as I can get film. From a business point of view it makes sense that they would do it.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    70mm...? I remember how intrigued I was when being shown their prototype 9.5mm model at the Photokina `96. It was a kind of baby version of the Roundshot 35. Though the Seitz family was not that much proud of their baby.
    In the same year's folder on the new Roundshot Super 35 the tiny camera was shown as uncommented gadget showing up in a linear scan photo.

Shooter
    35mm
    Does this make the film cameras classic collectibles?

/T

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    minox-sized 10/10 price was 2200 chf. 70mm film will never die. it is used for aerial work and others. use agfa avicolor cn or new ilford-see elsewhere here.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin