Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,664   Posts: 1,481,682   Online: 745

Thread: rugift dot com

Shooter
    35mm

rugift dot com

Have any members bought from rugift?

I'm in the market for an Horizon 203 and these folk are reasonably priced. Are they a pleasure to deal with?

Cheers,

Mick

Shooter
    35mm
    I've heard some negative feedbacks about this people, lots say It's a bad site to buy. Some didn't receive their package and they say that rugfit didn't listen them. No refund or replacement.
    I've not had any experience with them.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thankyou for your kind reply. I will bear this in mind when making up my mind from whom to buy.

Cheers,

Mick

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And this:

I hope it's not too late for you
    Mihai Costea

"There's more to the picture
    Than meets the eye." - Neil Young

Galleries:My PN & My APUG

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks guys. I didn't order one yet. It's a good job too!

What a minefield.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've ordered several items from them. I had to get replacements for every one, but that's because of the quality control in the Russian factories, not mishandling by RuGift. My main gripe with them is simply the long postal delays -- it takes about a month to ship from Russia to the USA, so when an item is defective and needs replacement, it's a 2-month delay, on top of the initial 1-month shipping delay. If you're not significantly closer to Russia than I am, I recommend buying from a nearby seller who accepts returns, simply to avoid these problems. (I can't say much about the likelihood of your needing a return on a Horizon camera specifically, though. Maybe they're more reliable than Zenit SLRs and other Russian gear.)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MickH View Post
    Have any members bought from rugift?

I'm in the market for an Horizon 203 and these folk are reasonably priced. Are they a pleasure to deal with?

Cheers,

Mick
    I have had good results and a pleasant experience. I think it was Natalya with whom I dealt. I was so impressed with the Kiev Nikon-mount Slr I bought for, I think it was fity nine bucks, I bought a second one for my niece. After a long time waiting, and trips to the local post office, I contacted RuGift, which informed me the camera had been sent. They sent out a new one. The day I emailed to inform them that the new camera had arrived, they told me that the original camera had been returned by my post office as undelivered. I read the riot act to my local post office. Because of RuGift's handling of the situation, I bought a 250 mm lens for my Kiev 88 and told them that I was purchasing a lens I really did not need (as if that can ever be true, right Apugers? ) because they had been so helpful. I bought, also, a Fotosniper outfit from them after I dropped mine at Wrigley Field in Chicago and thought--no way it'sll ever work again. My repair guy got it working. I still have a NIB Fotosniper I would sell for a good price, anyone being interested. This was all several years ago.
    FWIW, I have heard the Horizonts are more trouble prone than most Soviet designed and Russian-Ukrainian-built cameras.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Anscojohn View Post
    FWIW, I have heard the Horizonts are more trouble prone than most Soviet designed and Russian-Ukrainian-built cameras.
    Oh flip! It sounds like I may have to dig somewhat deeper into my pocket and go for Noblex/Widelux the unless I can find a good used Horizon from somewhere.

Thanks for the assistance.

Mick

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin