Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,814   Posts: 1,581,601   Online: 852

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by europanorama View Post
    clayton, did you also have the closeup-lens. if not i understand why you have sold it. with fixed focus any large but also small(horizon) rotopancam has limitations.
    I had both lenses, close up and infinity, I think the closeup was set for 7-8 metres for group shots. I sold it because it wasn't getting much use as I have 2 Roundshot 65's as well.

Clayton

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    i had a german alpa prospectus-unfortunately gave the only one away... hope i can find the man again. have a german manual. a friend of mine here in switzerland has a complete alpa roto-with closeup-lens. its a heavy beast and slowest exposure time(1/15 i suspect) is simply too quick. since it has fixed focus, shots under low light are almost impossible. doesnt fuji or kodak stop production of 800 asa CN-film? shift-option(up and down and not only up like rs 65) is impressive. also the built-in "nd-filter"=smaller slit-part at upper-slitside. how large is an image? does it use 220/70mm? rs 120/220 is 54mm only, 70mm/60mm

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    The shift/rise is only up like a Roundshot, the cameras are similar. They're set up to shoot 120/220 and 70mm, 70mm doesn't work well because the cassettes don't sit properly in the mag. 120 is hopeless so the only real choice is 220. My camera was modified and had a full speed range from 1/250s down to 1s. It shot significantly better than an unmodified camera but was still not a good as a Roundshot 65. The Alpa has reflex viewing.

Clayton

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    problem with alpa is certainly 75mm lens and lack of focussing like in voyageur resulting in ltd DOF.
    three exposure time only in w1500 is also a big mess. one must work with nd-filters.
    rs 220/28 models also do not have focussing. the only image i have seen was not as sharp as i had wished.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin