Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,812   Posts: 1,581,565   Online: 935

Shooter
    Large Format

Panon Widelux F8 cable release.

Good morning fellows!

I have recently purchased a Widelux F8 and I immediately noticed the weird shutter release button assembly, with that sort of crown that can be unscrewed. I wonder how one could adapt a standard cable realease. Does it have the same thread as old Leica/Canon cable releases perhaps?

While we're on the matter, I experienced much resistance rewinding the film with the small knob on the left. It's extremely hard. Not so hard you can't do it, but hard enough to wonder if you could break something by twisting the tiny knob with that momentum. Is this "normal"? Or does some clutch/friction device need some maintenance?

Thanks for reading - M.
    I know a chap who does excellent portraits. The chap is a camera.
    (Tristan Tzara, 1922)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You do know there is a film release knob that you push, on the underside of the camera, right? Hold that down when rewinding the film. Just checking.

Even then, you do get a lot of resistance when rewinding. Also you can pull the knob up in order get a better grip on it when rewinding.

Shooter
    Large Format
    The answer is yes, the thread is the same used by Leica (and old Canon/Nikon cameras) so an adapter is available and a common cable release can be used.
    I know a chap who does excellent portraits. The chap is a camera.
    (Tristan Tzara, 1922)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin