Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,751   Posts: 1,515,813   Online: 1058

Thread: horseman 617

Shooter
    Medium Format

horseman 617

i wonder that anybody have experiences with this camera before. . is it really suitable with 90mm lens?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I wasn't aware that Horseman had a 617. But the 90mm is pretty standard on the Linhoff, Fuji and a few other makes. You also have the option of adding other lenses eg. 180mm, 300mm with their respective lense cones depending on the camera.

I have th Fuji GX617 which I bought with the 90mm. It's a nice format for landscapes with a good field of view. I've added a 180mm to my kit, just because I wanted a bit more reach for some locations where I'm unable to physically move closer. But so far, the 90mm does about 75% of my shots just fine.

If you've got a good link for the Horseman 617, please post it. I'd love to take a look at it as I already own 2 other Horsemans cameras (4x5 L Series and a 45FA).

Shooter
    Large Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I did have a chance to google it a while back. Nice Camera. Looks like I own parts of it already - the viewfinders look exactly like my Fuji GX617's!

Shooter
    35mm
    Not all 90mm lenses are created equal. Check the image circle of your 90mm lens vs. the 6x17 format.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin