Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,971   Posts: 1,558,618   Online: 1052

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Oh I was just kidding, no worries
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by keithwms View Post
    Oh I was just kidding, no worries
    I know, Keith. Your point was well-stated. I wasn't referring to your post.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Venchka View Post
    Best to visit the Large Format Photography Forum. 5x7 definitely counts. Very open minded and very helpful group.
    just don't try to advance any idea that is contrary to their collective conventional wisdom. God help you if you propose storing film in the fridge instead of the freezer or if you post results of an informal experiment that you conducted and those results seem to imply that one of their favorite meters has a different spectral response than another...then they'll just slaughter you without mercy. :rolleyes:

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I've been mercilessly slaughtered before... probably even deserved it a couple times. But I continue to digress from the purpose of this forum which is ANALOG PANORAMIC imagery... not digital. I only continue to reply to set a few things straight.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Mike, what you want to do sounds cool. I used to do a similar thing with front shift on the the Canham Wood Field....only I presented the results as a stereo image....make prints of each and display them side-by-side. It works!

A member here, Jim Galli, has a custom made Chamonix 5x14 camera with six custom made film holders....I bet you could talk him out of it for a fairly reasonable price too.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Brad,

Thank you. Yes, stereo imagery is another intriguing possibility. It's nice to know someone else interested in the porcess. If I had tons of cash and a younger body I would try to talk Jim into selling me his Chamonix 5x14. However, due to financial constraints and personal physical limitations, I'm forced to settle for a lightweight/compact (as is practicable) system. I've given this a lot of thought and the modifed Canham MQC57 (lengthened rear shifts) seems as good an option (for me) as anything else. I even considered purchasing a Shen-Hao 5x8 (please no flaming about the brand) so I can save one cutting stroke in the darkroom. However, the film holders are very pricey... more than I want to pay anyway. I already have more than enough 5x7 holders than I could ever carry and these are comparitively cheap. I just don't want to spend piles of cash on specialty pan film holders nor am I still capable of carrying ULF gear.

Getting old sux...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Just to clarify, in case anyone is bewildered, it's only the digital step that's off topic for APUG.

Taking two 5x7" images, contact printing or enlarging them in the darkroom, lining the prints up on a light table and slicing through them at the seam with an X-acto knife and a straightedge, and mounting them together as a continuous image is perfectly on topic, and could fit in the LF or the Panoramic forum on APUG.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thank you, David. I realized my miskrate soon after I first posted. I'm only commenting now to finish up here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mike... check out the International Association of Panoramic Photographers. Their members use stitching quite a lot.
    http://www.panoramicassociation.com/...tographers.php

The Valley Photo Center here in Springfield has hosted their annula competition exhibition a few times.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thank you, Gene. Will do!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin