Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,042   Posts: 1,560,793   Online: 1119

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Fuji GX 617 + Lee filters

Hello,

Am planning on buying a 617 outfit and am looking for feedback from those who shoot with this format.

I plan to use just one lens, and looking for an all-rounder - feedback on focal lengths would be great.

At the minute I'm looking at both a Widepan 617 with Schneider 90mm lens, or a used Fuji GX 617 with either 90mm or 105mm lens.

A crucial question which might well be the deciding factor is around use of Lee filters. I shoot 95% of my work on transparency film and use Lee ND Grads most of the time. How can I use these with the Fuji, particularly with the lens 'cage'. Can I rotate ND grads using the Fuji? How do Fuji users deal with this, or what alternatives to Lee do you use?

Thanks for help,
    Gavin
    Last edited by coigach; 09-02-2009 at 08:28 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A chap called Lee Frost used to use this camera lot and in his book "Panoramic Photography" he puts the screw mount lens adaptor on the lens then attaches the Lee Filter using blue tack.

Just looked at the book and he holds the filter in front of the camera lines up the filter then sticks it on the front of the adaptor. Blue Tack comes off easy as well.

Have done the same with my Hasselbald Xpan.
    Stack of 35mm stuff, some 120 stuff and lots of other junk to make it work

Keep it simple. ~ Alfred Eisenstaedt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Gavin

I can't give you any personal experience here, but there were a couple for sale via the UK LF Group at the link below. The top photo suggests that maybe a spacer would get you beyond the crashbar, but I'm also wondering if the smaller 75mm Lee filters would be an option? Good luck, Peter

http://www.lf-photo.org.uk/forum/vie...php?f=8&t=1166

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Cheers for info,
    Gavin

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin