Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,254   Online: 840

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Korona 5x12 - What's the "Average" Value

I've been considering the purchase of said camera. Assuming it's in average cosmetic condition but fully functional with a stiff but usable bellows... what is a ballpark figure I can expect to pay?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    does it come with any film holders? With no holders, I wouldn't pay much more than $1000 - $1200 USD. Depending on how many holders, and their condition, I'd pay up to $2000. If it does not have any holders, you'll have to get them made, which will be time consuming and expensive (figure around $300 each for new holders, and a potential 6 month wait).

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    does it come with any film holders? With no holders, I wouldn't pay much more than $1000 - $1200 USD. Depending on how many holders, and their condition, I'd pay up to $2000. If it does not have any holders, you'll have to get them made, which will be time consuming and expensive (figure around $300 each for new holders, and a potential 6 month wait).
    S&S has good stock of 5X12" holders at this time.

As for value, I think the figures above are about right, $1000-$1200 for a camera with no holders, about $1800-$2000 for the camera and five holders. This assumes a camera in VG or better condition.

Sandy King

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Holders... comes with three somewhat worn but completely usable.

His asking price is $2200 but it includes a triple convertible optic. However, he wasn't very specific regarding model or condition.

So it's approximate actual value in VG+ condition is in the $1400-1600 range with three holders and no lens?

Inclusion of said lens may or may not bring the total value to within his asking price but I really don't need another one. I'm hoping he'll accept an offer without it.

Thank you!! And please wish me luck.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Mike,

If that other deal falls through - I have a Korona 5x12 that has been idle and needs to be sold.

It is solid. I cleaned it up and replaced the bellows about 7 years ago (Western Bellows).

The camera has the extension back so a 450mm (I used the Fuji C version) lens can be used easily. The kit includes:

3 Great Basin Holders
    6 aluminum lens boards (4 drilled for Copal shutters - 2 undrilled)
    150mm Zeiss WA Dagor ina volute shutter (needs work)

I am thinking $2000

I also have 6 AWB holders which I will sell seperately @ $1800 for all 6

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Steve,

How much do you need to get for the camera, the 3 GB holders, and all the LB's? I really don't need the lens as I already have a full compliment. I'm interested in the 6 AWB holders too but I just don't have the money.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Mike,

I was hoping to sell the lens with the Camera as it is original and has the original wooden lens board. I feel bad spliting up the history of all those pieces.

However these are trying times... I would say $1750 plus shipping.

One item I failed to state last night... the rear rail is also new... was made by Great Basin and fits perfectly. The color of the stain etc... is just different then the 80+ year patina of the rest of the camera.

If interested - PM me and we can work out the details.

Steve

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Ahh.. I see your point. You're right. The set really should remain intact. I don't care about absolute originality of the camera so the reapirs, upgrades, or non-original parts don't bother me. I want a really nice shooter... not something I have to fiddle with due to worn or missing parts.

My sales aren't what I expected. Do you see any items in my classifieds that interest you for partial trade?

BTW, I understand that the earlier models lacked some of the movements vs. the later ones. What movements does yours have?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Mike,

Like you... I am more interested in cash unless you have a nice 300 or 360mm Heliar - preferably in a shutter.

The camera is a nice shooter and of all the Koronas I have have and have had (7x11, 7x17 and 5x12) this one is the most solid. It has front rise and fall, rear swing and rear tilt. I do not know of any other movements (shift, front tilt or rear rise/fall) that were available on these... I could be wrong - but this is the one I have. :-) Never missed those other movements so it was no big deal for me.

Steve

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Steve,

I have no Heliar but I have a very nice 300mm Nikkor-M I can trade, if that's of any interest.

Those are all the movements I really need for what I want to shoot... primarily landscapes.

I'm awaiting more sales before I can commit to a purchase.

Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin