Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,703   Posts: 1,482,671   Online: 753

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've never retrofitted mine, but i've heard of some people inserting +1 or +2 diopter glass into their filters for closer focus.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I may send in my F7 for an overhaul and inquire about fitting a filter holder or two with different filters. The closeup filters are interesting and I will try and look into that. That would really expand what one could do with these unique cameras.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I just stumbled onto another set of these, so will definitely experiment with close up filters. Anyone have suggestions on how to start something like this?

Shooter
    Medium Format

gel filters

I unfortunately had one of the problem F7's. I was in the shop three or four times so I finally gave in and sold it. I also had a 1st version Horizont, the all metal one, and have never had a problem with it. My widelux banded terribly but the Horizont never has. It's quite sharp, has a great VF with inernal bubble level and works well except the spacing between frames is a little on the wide side which is no problem. I have a friend that has the same model and she's never had a problem either. The old version like we have would be a very economical and reliable alternative to the Widelux.

I think I still have the filter rings and will have to look for them. I tool the old filters out and cut gelatin wratten filters to fit. I installed a 29 and an 87c or high speed IR. If I remember correctly the filters come apart very easily and it's very easy to install gelatins. What are the filter frames worth without a case?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin