Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,673   Online: 1166

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    In theory any rotating camera should rotate around the lens nodal point but Cirkuts prove the rule can be ignored and produce acceptable results.

Clayton

Shooter
    Medium Format

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    [QUOTE=godi;871009]sorry, but that's wrong. Have a look:QUOTE]

Darn, Clay..... you, me and Goldbeck have been fools!

godi: Cirkuts revolve on a geared platform, and can't be adjusted to accomodate the nodal point of the lens.

See APUG member Jamie Young's website.

Charley

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Watson View Post
    Yes, one would think they would rotate around the rear nodal point for the lens in question.
    I stand corrected. Entrance pupil it is.
    Bruce Watson
    AchromaticArts.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Where the light enters the lens, at the front element, is the front nodal point. Where it exits, is the rear nodal point. The centre, where the light crosses at a central point, where the aperture should be, is also a nodal point- could be called the cardinal point. I think you want to pan the camera around the cardinal point. I'm sure there are some which have been designed to do this, but I'm pretty sure that's not the case with the old Horizont which I had once. Irrelevant on this sort of camera anyway, as the image won't require stitching, unless you are operating 3 cameras back to back, as they once did at the peak of Mt. Everest, with three panon wideluxes. It was a clear day too. I don't know where you can find this image, sorry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin