Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,207   Online: 707

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format

Cambridge World?

I'm looking in the Widelux f8 camera. At the moment there seems to be a lack of used cameras. Cambridge World has them for $1675.00 - new? Anyone dealt with them? They use paypal so there is some consumer protection - but I am rather reluctant to deal with a firm that I don't know. Perhaps I should just wait for some to appear on the used market.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would tread carefully. I just looked them up on ResellerRatings.com.

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Did you talk to someone from Cambridge World to make sure they actually have one? They list a lot that they don't have. Be careful if you order online.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Charlatans, pure and simple, especially when it comes to unusual or expensive items. They've always been that way, and presumably always will.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I've bought from Cambridge when I could walk into the store, see the item, and pay for it on the spot, because they do have a fairly deep stock of discontinued products new in the box. I don't know that they have a storefront anymore, but I wouldn't buy from them any other way.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Quote Originally Posted by JLP View Post
    Did you talk to someone from Cambridge World to make sure they actually have one? They list a lot that they don't have. Be careful if you order online.
    JLP is completely correct...be very, very careful.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I bought my first zoom lens from them almost 30 years ago, a "Cambron" 80-210 if I recall. A complete piece of junk. You get what you pay for but I still felt ripped off. More recently I was looking for a foot switch for a Jobo timer which they had "in stock" so I bought it on the website but the transaction never occurred. I was never billed but I did not think it was worth the effort. I agree with David.
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    they are satan's spawn. check out what the bbb has on file about them

Shooter
    Multi Format
    "Be ve-e-e-e-w-w-y caawweful."

E. Fudd
    Last edited by lxdude; 01-21-2010 at 09:19 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Time for the way back machine... Years and years ago when I voraciously read every issue of Modern Photography and Popular Photography, Cambridge Camera would run multi-page ads with every issue. They were schlokmeisters then, and apparently they still are. One wonders how they stay in business with a reputation like that.
    Frank Schifano

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin