Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,959   Posts: 1,558,116   Online: 1130

Shooter
    35mm

Printing panoramic images--roll paper?

Do you buy roll paper?

I suppose I could print at 6 inches high and 24 inches wide if I buy 20x24 paper, but still 6 inches isn't that high. I have 5-inch negatives from a 35mm camera that I'm planning on printing with my 4x5 DII.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You would have to check the present state of paper availability, but most manufacturers have had large "mural" rolls available often 30-40" or wider. I've ordered 8" and 10 " rolls as well, but don't know how easy that would be now. Check with the various manufacturers to see. And let us know what you hear.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I looked on the ilford/harman site and there was a available products pdf from march 09 that listed a variety of roll papers that could be cut to size. Best bet is to ask a ilford/harman dealer for info.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I thought there would be a big savings in Roll paper but it is not much, based on B&H pricing. Your DII is mounted so you can project greater than 24"? (drop table?)

Shooter
    35mm
    Not yet. But it will have to be reconfigured when I get around to making negatives worth printing.

It seems that 40" roll paper is about the same price/area as cut paper, but I'm not sure I need 40" wide paper. I'm mostly wondering what other people do, whether they use roll paper or splice together multiple sheets of cut paper or what. It would seem that everyone would have the same paper needs. Is everyone printing their panoramic images digitally?
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I just ordered a couple rolls 8" x 295' partly for the same reason. The more I print the less I like standard paper sizes. My limit now is just the tray length.
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mark What are you printing from (camera/format) ? where did you get your 8" by 295' rolls?
    Jamie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie young View Post
    Mark What are you printing from (camera/format) ?
    These rolls are going to be used for my first attempts at panorama aspect ratios.

I'm going to try it in 35mm, MF, and 4x5.

We'll see what works.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie young View Post
    where did you get your 8" by 295' rolls?
    Jamie
    JOHN WINSTEAD
    http://stewartscamera.com/contact.html

I got two rolls of the Fuji Crystal Archive 8"x295' and 1 roll of Kodak Ektacolor Edge 8"x610'.

Wasn't planning on that much but the price was too good to pass up.

He asked what kind of machine I was using, his reaction was cute when I told him "trays".

I need to get busy shooting and printing.
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mark
    Thought you were talking about B&W - Color is easier to get in small rolls a there are machines that print those sizes I tend to just use B&W fiber base, which is likely a special order now

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin