Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,977   Posts: 1,523,677   Online: 1176

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Xpan Contact Sheet

Hello all,
    I was wondering what negative pages you xpan users use to file your negs that allow for a contact sheet of a whole roll(a 36exp roll shot in panorama mode) to be made on one 8x10/8x5x11 sheet of paper?
    Please let me know

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    the same ones I use for standard 35mm.

I don't have an xpan, just borrow a friends when I use it.

I use the 7 rows x6 negs/strip from Freestyle.

since I shoot MF(6X7) as well, I make contact sheets on 10x12(cut from rolls for color) or 11x14 paper(cut down to 10x12 after processing), cause the page size is perfect for this 10x12, just fits.

-Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I get Print File pages that will hold 3 XPAN frames across, but the whole roll won't fit in the page. I save the extras as a new page.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I also use Print file pages with 3 frames across and 7 down and the contact sheet looks great.
    But you will have to use 9½ x 12 paper not 8 x 10.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    I also use Print file pages with 3 frames across and 7 down and the contact sheet looks great.
    But you will have to use 9½ x 12 paper not 8 x 10.
    Or A4?
    William Ralph Dean - Inspiration to four generations of my family

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    ive come to the conclusion that contact sheets are best fit for 11x14 paper, no matter the format. a 35mm 36 exp roll will simply not fit on 8x10 paper, and neither will my 10 6x7 shots from the mamiya. as much as i try saving paper i think making contact sheets on 11x14 is the ebst option.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kauffman v36 View Post
    ive come to the conclusion that contact sheets are best fit for 11x14 paper, no matter the format. a 35mm 36 exp roll will simply not fit on 8x10 paper, and neither will my 10 6x7 shots from the mamiya. as much as i try saving paper i think making contact sheets on 11x14 is the ebst option.
    I use a Patterson Contact Printing Frame 35mm for years and have had no problems. There is even space to enter location of the shots and dev. details.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin