Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,225   Posts: 1,532,662   Online: 829

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

First Al Vista 5B Neg.

Not a treasure, but speaking loud and clear for sure.

I stayed up late last eve. and processed a single neg, my first ever with a 5B. Below is the full neg, warts and all. Standing in the shade of the Mizpah Hotel and not thinking about what that shadow would look like in the neg. Oh yes, there's a learning curve.

Here's a better crop. Looks like it was done by a Cirkut camera.

And here's a snip to give an idea of the resolution over a 2 wide X 2 1/2" long area.

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Glad to see someone else messing with them. I've found they are set up to contain a lot of foreground, though some do have a rise and fall built in. I tned to shoot stuff with lots of foreground when possible with my 7F. I look forward to seeing more.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks Jaime. What a fun little camera! I tried to use some of the ultra thin 3 mil estar base Pan X and that was a wreck, but at least I got this one neg as an appetite whetter. I guessed on everything and got pretty darn close. Expecially since that PanX is hard to handle anyways.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin