Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,808   Posts: 1,581,493   Online: 1072

Shooter
    Medium Format

I'm curious about omnidirectional cameras.

Sorry, but I thought this was the best place to put this. Do any of you own one? I want to learn about them, I have no interest in buying one currently. Are there any organizations for them?

Shooter
    35mm
    You you mean cameras like Cirkut, that shoot 360 degrees? I have a homemade 35mm one. Advantage is that you can use a 4x5 enlarger to print a respectable angle.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd say the Cirkut would definitely apply, but maybe like these.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omnidirectional_camera

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The designation "omnidirectional camera" is ambiguous. I can think of several working quite differently.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I mean the ones that make that sort of circular image. For some reason, my computer doesn't connect to wikipedia, so the one holmburger linked to may or may not be it.

Shooter
    35mm
    For a good omnidirectional view, put a hemispherical mirror on the ceiling (the kind they sometimes put on telephone poles on blind corners) facing downward. Then lie on your back underneath it and take a picture of it with a long lens. You will be in the picture, but you will get a 360* view.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a Nikon 7.5mm which takes 360 degree view. If not careful, my hands holding the camera are in the picture.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin