Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,982   Online: 733

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Caoslc , They increase the prices without increase the quality. When the Perfekt was 450 dollars at e bay last year , I sent a question them and they said 250 dollar including carrying the camera from factory to Moscow airport and sending to the address with air cargo. I think they found their prices were too low to suspect the people and doubled it ! wow !
    I read somewhere that they are using a watch mechanism to work everything and it can be big trouble to find replacement parts out of Russia or 10 years later even in Russia.
    Buy someone from APUG if you can the cheapest one and you will be free in mind.
    I asked their glass factory about the diagram of Perfekt and they said they helped to design the lens but no information at hand.
    Some analog cinema people put their everything to say 500 dollars LOMO lens is better than 25000 dollars zeiss , cooke , leitz. I am talking about Soviet manufactured , nowadays their EKRAN factory request least 10000 per lens.
    Zenit factory buys the glass from Lytkarino Optical Glass Factory and they are the manufacturer of biggest one piece telescope mirror in the world.
    Look for LOMO Anamorphic Lens cinema cuts from vimeo and you will be fallen love.
    Without wasting your years , I can say you can buy a Canon 7d , Panasonic or Sony and attach a LOMO Square Front on it and take your movie. They do movie with these cameras seriously.
    Or you can buy a cheap LOMO Spherical and buy a Kiev 60 and take extreme smooth shots.
    It all depends what you want to see at your art. Some hate , Some warship

Best ,

Mustafa Umut Sarac

Istanbul

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Caoslc , try them and request written quote. I think you looked to lomography com. Correct address is here and they must be cheap . Good luck.

General manager
    Zhigulich Valery P.
    Phone 561-80-00
    fax 562-68-42
    kmz@zenit-foto.ru

Executive
    Levchenko Gennady
    Phone 561-80-02
    fax 562-23-26
    kmz@zenit-foto.ru
    Marketing department
    Rykov
    Vladimir Konstantinovich
    Phone 561-89-26, 561-39-46
    fax 562-83-16
    marketing@zenit-kmz.ru , marketing@zenit-foto.ru ,
    reklama@zenit-kmz.ru
    Sales
    Morozov
    Pavel
    Phone 561-80-46
    fax 563-42-65

kmz243@zenit-foto.ru

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Horizon S3 Pro appears to be available new on ebay.co.uk for just under 300 GBP - excluding import tax and VAT I'd guess . Have any UK or European based APUGers used this avenue?

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've owned a Horizon 202, A Horizont (the earlier one with the removable viewfinder), a Widelux F7, Noblex 135 (can;t remember the model number - the one with shift on the lens), a FT2 plus a Noblex 120, so I feel I can make a few general comments..(I was also a camera technician for 10 years, so have repaired most of the obave cameras too)...

My favorite was the Horizont (if you didn't use the hand grip) - because there was only 1 speed for rotation you got even exposure, and the lens was sharp.

Horizon 202 was plastic, and mine produced good results, but not as sharp as the Noblex. The noblex was the sharpest of all the cameras, but mechanically it was a bit of a dud - mine had a strange fault where the drum would not rotate by itself the first time you fired it - you had to rotate it for a bit by hand...then it worked fine. But if you switched it off you had to rotate it by hand again...

The local Noblex agents tried to repair it, as did several other people - no one could ever get it to work 100% (this was my 135. the 120 also does the same thing, but sometimes you have to rotate it 2 or 3 times before it starts to work....)

FT2 - this was fun to use - I loved the format - so wide compared to all the other cameras...

Widelux - if you can find a good one wich hasn't been over used then they are great. Very sharp, but the fact they have 3 speed governors can make them a bit prone to banding when changing speeds. Also I've seen the gears on the later F7/F8's governors wear if they are slightly out of mesh with the lens drum, which is sometimes the case to make them operate correcly....

Having owned or used all these cameras what do I use? To be honest nothing at the moment - although the new Lomo 360 spining camera looks very interesting......

Cheers
    A camera is only a black box with a hole in it....

my blog...some film, some digital http://andrewk1965.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Yes , I agree , LOMO 360 is a great idea. May be someone can produce himself a version. They are still very expensive for me.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew K View Post
    I've owned a Horizon 202, A Horizont (the earlier one with the removable viewfinder), a Widelux F7, Noblex 135 (can;t remember the model number - the one with shift on the lens), a FT2 plus a Noblex 120, so I feel I can make a few general comments..(I was also a camera technician for 10 years, so have repaired most of the obave cameras too)...

My favorite was the Horizont (if you didn't use the hand grip) - because there was only 1 speed for rotation you got even exposure, and the lens was sharp.

Horizon 202 was plastic, and mine produced good results, but not as sharp as the Noblex. The noblex was the sharpest of all the cameras, but mechanically it was a bit of a dud - mine had a strange fault where the drum would not rotate by itself the first time you fired it - you had to rotate it for a bit by hand...then it worked fine. But if you switched it off you had to rotate it by hand again...

The local Noblex agents tried to repair it, as did several other people - no one could ever get it to work 100% (this was my 135. the 120 also does the same thing, but sometimes you have to rotate it 2 or 3 times before it starts to work....)

FT2 - this was fun to use - I loved the format - so wide compared to all the other cameras...

Widelux - if you can find a good one wich hasn't been over used then they are great. Very sharp, but the fact they have 3 speed governors can make them a bit prone to banding when changing speeds. Also I've seen the gears on the later F7/F8's governors wear if they are slightly out of mesh with the lens drum, which is sometimes the case to make them operate correcly....

Having owned or used all these cameras what do I use? To be honest nothing at the moment - although the new Lomo 360 spining camera looks very interesting......

Cheers
    If you write horizon 202 is/was plastic then you have never seen an open horizon.
    Its a metallic camera, outside is plastic. except shutter-button (being still unstable) using cable-release there is no problem with the plastics.

they should rather double the quality control than double the prices.
    if they can produce a desert-proof kalashnikoff then they should also be able to produce a perfectly working pancam. "perfect" is a shame for a newer version of the 202 but with a worse lens.
    the problem is displayed elsewhere on my pbase-account and here in apug.
    enter horizon s3-pro in google.
    buy a 202 from a trusted camera-repair-shop.
    www.3dreal.tk
    www.stereopan.org
    under reconstruction
    3dstereomedia
    aeropanorama
    marspanoramas

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    My 2 cents (YMMV): I have shot with most Panoramic cameras down through the years. Let's compare the Noblex, Widelux and the Horizon.
    In order of image quality:
    1. Widelux, just slightly better than the Noblex
    2. Noblex
    3. Horizon
    In order of build quality:
    1. Widelux, 1960's bench made Japanese quality
    2. Noblex, some plastic, but well constructed and engineered
    3. Horizon, typical Russian build quality
    In order of ease of use:
    1. Noblex, swing shutter mechanism can be "exercised" manually without wasting film
    2. Widelux
    3. Horizon
    In order of price/quality/availabilty quotient:
    1. Horizon, damn good viewfinder at the lowest price with slow speed selection
    2. Noblex, slow f/4.5 lens and restricted shutter speed selection in lowest priced version
    3. Widelux, restricted shutter speed selection
    The optics are all pretty good. The Widelux is the best wide-open. Noblex runs a close second.
    The Noblex requires batteries... not a good thing IMO.
    The Horizon is the most difficult to load and rewind.
    The Widelux is the most compact to carry.
    The Horizon has the most optical distortion close-up.

Bottom line: If you want to play...buy the Horizon...it's cheap and fun and if you don't like it you can sell it for a minimal loss. YMMV.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin