Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,918   Posts: 1,584,734   Online: 845

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by europanorama View Post
    there are three 5 inch versions 65mm and 90mm(early and newest) and a supercamera called multilens cam. 65mm film height is 11cm versus 6cm on the 65/70/220 if 70mm film was used. i dont know if there is anyone left who cam print directly 5 inch films using a roundshot enlarger. i think 50cm was the height-limit, right? brad lapaine has such an enlarger.
    Interesting - the enlarger looks pretty neat. Probably never see one for sale though.
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Jeff

the 35mm Roundshot is a great little camera, very sharp and easy to use. I don't have one but have seen the results. I have a couple of 120 cameras and I think they're really great machines, the only thing against them is their physical size. It's never worried me, if you're used to large format it's no problem.

I used to print the negs on a stretched enlarger I made that would handle a 14 inch neg. These days I scan and print. You could do the same with a 5 inch camera.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by claytume View Post
    I used to print the negs on a stretched enlarger I made that would handle a 14 inch neg. These days I scan and print. You could do the same with a 5 inch camera.
    We ended up with a 120 version of the Seitz. I'm interested - do you have more details on the enlarger? We are thinking of making something similar.
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    I posted some photos here of the enlarger a few years back, it was under something to do with darkrooms. I'm not sure how you'd find it now but it should still be there.

The enlarger was a 4x5 De Vere with dicro head. The light source was at one end so it was a simple matter of fabricating a new centre section and bolting the light source back in. Had to make new bellows as well. It would take a 4x14 neg but most of the time I was printing 70mm x 12 inches, both B&W and colour. Used it for 6-7 years with no problems. I had 2 8x10 De Veres that I was going to convert to a single 8x20 using both light sources. Never got started on that one as I switched everything over to scanning and printing.

The pano enlarger I gave away.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Jeff I found it, page 4 Darkroom Portraits, Darkroom Equipment

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Jeff have you been shooting the Roundshot, got any pics of your work?

Shooter
    35mm

35mm roundshot need to make a release

I lost my simple electronic cable release for the 35 roundshot. does anyone have a pin diagram or a suggestion?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Seitz is usually very helpful with problems like this. You should check in with them

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin