Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,735   Posts: 1,515,404   Online: 1094

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Lab for color prints from 7x17

Does anyone have a lab which prints from 6x17 color negatives (preferably,) or transparencies? My local camera shop can develop the film, obviously, but can neither print nor scan that size negative. Personally, I do no digital none of the time, so I can't scan them, either. I would prefer wet (darkroom) color prints but the times being what they are... *Sigh*

Mike
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mjs View Post
    Does anyone have a lab which prints from 6x17 color negatives (preferably,) or transparencies? My local camera shop can develop the film, obviously, but can neither print nor scan that size negative. Personally, I do no digital none of the time, so I can't scan them, either. I would prefer wet (darkroom) color prints but the times being what they are... *Sigh*

Mike

The only guy I know who has an enlarger that size is Clyde Butcher (http://www.clydebutcher.com/) and he only prints black and white.

You might have to find a local "service beauro" who will scan the negative, then you have many more possibilities for a ciba or c print.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oops. Looking at my post today, I see that I titled it incorrectly. I didn't mean "7x17", as in inches. I should have written "6x17", as in cm. My most abject apologies! I'll start a new thread with the correct title. Mods, if you can delete this thread, please do so.

Mike
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin