Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,934   Posts: 1,585,595   Online: 710

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blast from the past! :-)

Yes, I am. I like view camera so much that I bought 3 4x5 cameras since then :-) So have not shot as much with the 617. Still highly recommended!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd highly recommend one of the DaYi 617 backs (although my first few rolls had light-leaks, I've worked around that).
    The one I have is Graflok for 4x5, it sits back from the regular GG (and has its own GG), there's also a version for 5x7 that fits flush with the normal GG. Then changing to 4x5 is as simple as changing back to the regular GG.

Definitely isn't as light as a dedicated 617 like a ShenHao, Fuji G(X) or Technorama though, but they're only $500 plus whatever 4x5 you want.
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

f/64 and be there.

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekhotep View Post
    I'm considering purchasing a Shen-Hao TFC 617-A this weekend. Are you happy with yours after all of these years?
    I am, however, I never use it now.

I only shoot B&W, so have the 7x17" to use. I much prefer the massive camera to the (relatively) tiny 6x17cm.

I'm currently weighing up selling the original Shen Hao 617....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin