Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,287   Posts: 1,535,304   Online: 891

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    hi dan

you can probably get a 6x9 roll film holder ( for a lf camera if you have one )
    and dremmel it out to fit your desired aspect ratio the problem will be figuring out how to wind the film so you get what you want ...
    seems like a lot of trial + error . you could also get the same roll film holder and modify a darkslide to cut the film in half
    and flip it to get 2 2.75 x 9 views on each 6x9 exposure ... ( less trial + error )

jeff's suggestion of daYi back sounds the best ...
    i wish i had one !

john
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    hi dan

you can probably get a 6x9 roll film holder ( for a lf camera if you have one )
    and dremmel it out to fit your desired aspect ratio the problem will be figuring out how to wind the film so you get what you want ...
    seems like a lot of trial + error . you could also get the same roll film holder and modify a darkslide to cut the film in half
    and flip it to get 2 2.75 x 9 views on each 6x9 exposure ... ( less trial + error )

jeff's suggestion of daYi back sounds the best ...
    i wish i had one !

john
    John, I didn't ask about modifying a back for pano work. But I'm not sure your suggestion will work. The roll holders I'm familiar with don't have the real estate needed to enlarge the gate. Bryce Alvarez, who's told me what he went through to make a long holder out of a couple of Adapt-A-Roll 620s, made it seem very difficult. He's a good machinist, said he wouldn't do it again.

I'm with you on the DaYi, except that I can't convince myself to add a 4x5 Crown to the kit.

Another possibility if the goal is simply a long low image is to convert a Folding Pocket Kodak to 120 film. Its been done, but the result is effectively a crop from a shot taken with a normal lens.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You should take in account an Horizon panoramic camera. The older model is calles "Horizont" and is ful metal. Newer modesl are partly made from plastic, but they have more times available. I own the older model.
    Horizont 202
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I second Uwe's suggestion of the Horizont or Horizon. I have the Horizon 202 which I bought new 17 years ago.

Good optics and an overall well thought out camera.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    John, I didn't ask about modifying a back for pano work. But I'm not sure your suggestion will work. The roll holders I'm familiar with don't have the real estate needed to enlarge the gate. Bryce Alvarez, who's told me what he went through to make a long holder out of a couple of Adapt-A-Roll 620s, made it seem very difficult. He's a good machinist, said he wouldn't do it again.

I'm with you on the DaYi, except that I can't convince myself to add a 4x5 Crown to the kit.

Another possibility if the goal is simply a long low image is to convert a Folding Pocket Kodak to 120 film. Its been done, but the result is effectively a crop from a shot taken with a normal lens.
    hi dan

you are probably right about the film gate ..
    i have 6x6 and 6x8 graphic backs and they look like the film gate can just be removed
    .. ( too bad they can't ! )
    i your folder idea is the best ... 3a folders are cheap and plentiful ..
    and probably can be rigged to have a 120 roll instead of a 122
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Look for a Bronica ETR series camera with a 35W back. It is a 35mm panaramica back. Depending on the coverage a 40 or 50 mm lens. Depending on shooting style, a WLF or a prism finder and a handheld meter or a metered prism. No cropping needed. With some shopping around you are under the $300 mark and have an entry into expanding into MF as well as the basis of a very good 35mm system.

Shooter
    35mm
    In 35 mm
    Lomo Sprocket Rocket
    Lomo Spinner 360
    Horizon Compact
    Old Horizont
    Horizon FT-2
    Horizon 202
    Horizon S3
    Horizon Perfect

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Horizons play between 170 to 450 , depending on the model. White ones cheaper . There is 120 format horizons also but they are more expensive.
    If you want to mask 66 gate , Kiev 60 is just like a tank , very sexy camera and cheaper than 150 , some find at bay for 100.
    There is a special page devoted to latest horizons and many examples at lomography.com.
    They are small cameras not like as they seem at pictures. Plastic is dull and looks like cheap and mechanism is sound like cheap at 202.
    Newer cheaper horizons have a weaker lens and people complain.
    Aluminum Horizons are soviet made and heavy but can mechanism have a problem.
    If you want to buy , dont do it without seeing the real camera. New horizons are lightweight.
    Look at spinner , costs 145 and very funy camera to use.
    I strongly advise a black kiev 60 + CLA.
    You can find lots of excellent lenses from 30 to 25000 Soviet Made.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Vivitar Ultra Wide and Slim. Plastic 24mm lens, really pretty ok considering. Frequently seen on eBay for between 4 and 25 bucks. I had lotsa fun with mine. Or any old fixed focus plastic lens cheapie with "panorama" crop mode. I made some 6" by 18" enlargements from stuff I shot 15 years ago with one: really quite a bit better than I expected. All from a European trip I had bought a Rollei 35 for. The Rollei died on the first day of the trip, the Agfa "panoramic plus" soldiered on. Plus pocketable and 35mm is cheap. Not all labs these days handle the old 35mm panorama mode, though, but many will.

nosmok

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin