Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,637   Posts: 1,623,160   Online: 868

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    You should take in account an Horizon panoramic camera. The older model is calles "Horizont" and is ful metal. Newer modesl are partly made from plastic, but they have more times available. I own the older model.
    Horizont 202
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I second Uwe's suggestion of the Horizont or Horizon. I have the Horizon 202 which I bought new 17 years ago.

Good optics and an overall well thought out camera.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    John, I didn't ask about modifying a back for pano work. But I'm not sure your suggestion will work. The roll holders I'm familiar with don't have the real estate needed to enlarge the gate. Bryce Alvarez, who's told me what he went through to make a long holder out of a couple of Adapt-A-Roll 620s, made it seem very difficult. He's a good machinist, said he wouldn't do it again.

I'm with you on the DaYi, except that I can't convince myself to add a 4x5 Crown to the kit.

Another possibility if the goal is simply a long low image is to convert a Folding Pocket Kodak to 120 film. Its been done, but the result is effectively a crop from a shot taken with a normal lens.
    hi dan

you are probably right about the film gate ..
    i have 6x6 and 6x8 graphic backs and they look like the film gate can just be removed
    .. ( too bad they can't ! )
    i your folder idea is the best ... 3a folders are cheap and plentiful ..
    and probably can be rigged to have a 120 roll instead of a 122

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Look for a Bronica ETR series camera with a 35W back. It is a 35mm panaramica back. Depending on the coverage a 40 or 50 mm lens. Depending on shooting style, a WLF or a prism finder and a handheld meter or a metered prism. No cropping needed. With some shopping around you are under the $300 mark and have an entry into expanding into MF as well as the basis of a very good 35mm system.

Shooter
    35mm
    In 35 mm
    Lomo Sprocket Rocket
    Lomo Spinner 360
    Horizon Compact
    Old Horizont
    Horizon FT-2
    Horizon 202
    Horizon S3
    Horizon Perfect

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Vivitar Ultra Wide and Slim. Plastic 24mm lens, really pretty ok considering. Frequently seen on eBay for between 4 and 25 bucks. I had lotsa fun with mine. Or any old fixed focus plastic lens cheapie with "panorama" crop mode. I made some 6" by 18" enlargements from stuff I shot 15 years ago with one: really quite a bit better than I expected. All from a European trip I had bought a Rollei 35 for. The Rollei died on the first day of the trip, the Agfa "panoramic plus" soldiered on. Plus pocketable and 35mm is cheap. Not all labs these days handle the old 35mm panorama mode, though, but many will.

nosmok

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Horizon Perfekt is a nice camera, better built than you'd expect, and the lens is remarkably sharp. Being a swing lens camera, you can get wonky horizons if you don't hold level, but it has a built in bubble level to help with this. I really like mine.

If I felt like spending a bit more money, I'd probably take a look at Gaoersi cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Darin, it took me a while to find this link -- too many bookmarks and this one not well identified -- but here's a maker of quite inexpensive rotational panoramic cameras. Their site is up but I'm not sure they're still making and selling cameras.

http://www.horsleycamera.com/

Inexpensive because not motorized. Hand cranked, I expect using one well takes practice.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    Darin, it took me a while to find this link -- too many bookmarks and this one not well identified -- but here's a maker of quite inexpensive rotational panoramic cameras. Their site is up but I'm not sure they're still making and selling cameras.

http://www.horsleycamera.com/

Inexpensive because not motorized. Hand cranked, I expect using one well takes practice.
    Are you sure this was not posted on April 1?

I have a simple Panoramic camera, a Kodak Panoram 1. It works.
    Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Horsley Camera is real. One of their cameras was featured in Amateur Photographer (UK magazine) a few years ago.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin