Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,933   Posts: 1,522,246   Online: 1088

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Horizon Perfekt is a nice camera, better built than you'd expect, and the lens is remarkably sharp. Being a swing lens camera, you can get wonky horizons if you don't hold level, but it has a built in bubble level to help with this. I really like mine.

If I felt like spending a bit more money, I'd probably take a look at Gaoersi cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Darin, it took me a while to find this link -- too many bookmarks and this one not well identified -- but here's a maker of quite inexpensive rotational panoramic cameras. Their site is up but I'm not sure they're still making and selling cameras.

http://www.horsleycamera.com/

Inexpensive because not motorized. Hand cranked, I expect using one well takes practice.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    Darin, it took me a while to find this link -- too many bookmarks and this one not well identified -- but here's a maker of quite inexpensive rotational panoramic cameras. Their site is up but I'm not sure they're still making and selling cameras.

http://www.horsleycamera.com/

Inexpensive because not motorized. Hand cranked, I expect using one well takes practice.
    Are you sure this was not posted on April 1?

I have a simple Panoramic camera, a Kodak Panoram 1. It works.
    Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Horsley Camera is real. One of their cameras was featured in Amateur Photographer (UK magazine) a few years ago.

Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    Horsley cameras are for real. They used to sell their cameras in Ebay at one times( I got outbid every time ). Here's a flickr link.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photowa...sleycameracom/

Vermeer, apart from making pinhole panoramics, used to sell 6x12 with angulon/rodenstock lenses. However they are not cheap. The link to that particular site is not functional anymore.

http://www.vermeer.viphost.pl/vermeer_to_order.html
    Last edited by somak; 07-03-2011 at 11:36 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The Horizon(t)s have the advantage over the Horsleys that you can use a normal medium format enlarger. Most of the Horsley use medium format film which gives a better quality, of course.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I am not sure about Horsley Quality and they are basic as barn door but prices are more than mamiya deal.
    Holga uses medium format film but it does not make it better than Horizon.
    And white horizons , never used , in box comes for 170 dollars and its glass and optical tecnology cant be find at many cameras. White ones are better because their finish looks thick , black ones are matte and dont give the user to trust it to an impact , so if you dont trust a camera , you dont take picture with it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Problem with these cool cameras is how does one find an inexpensive enlarger to print these with. I would assume the only method would be to cut and scan these, and stitch them together then send it out for a digital print.

Making the pinhole camera with enlarging paper would be the cheapest way, with copies made from contact printing.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have/had a 360 degree 35mm camera. I almost made it 120, but with 35mm you can print over 180 degrees in a 4x5 enlarger.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bannow View Post
    How about a cheap medium format camera and crop the negative?
    Works great. I've done it with my Mamiya 645.

Much cheaper than an Xpan, similar neg size when cropped. Actually, I think my crops are a bit bigger than an Xpan neg.
    Chris Crawford
    Fine Art Photography of Indiana and other places no one else photographs.

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com

My Tested Developing Times with the films and developers I use

Become a fan of my work on Facebook

Fort Wayne, Indiana

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin