Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,585   Posts: 1,545,799   Online: 1110

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelbsc View Post
    But I have never understood the the idea that people have that they can't do panorama with existing equipment just by cropping.
    But why do you assume they don't realize this? It's blazingly obvious. So I think you can safely assume that for those people who don't subscribe to your logic, there must be other issues...

Again, no reason to waste a sheet of 4x5 to shoot a long pano, and roll film allows you to quickly bracket, which can be important. Also, there are some cameras that take film formats no longer readily available... why not run 135 or whatever you can through them and enjoy. Besides that, there are some films available only in 135, and it's easy, and it's fun....
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by keithwms View Post
    But why do you assume they don't realize this? It's blazingly obvious.
    Yeah, I think it's obvious too. But I've had a few conversations where others seemed to think that it wasn't so obvious. And I was completely baffled. I've been doing it for years.

Quote Originally Posted by keithwms View Post
    So I think you can safely assume that for those people who don't subscribe to your logic, there must be other issues...
    Sure, I'll buy that. There are artistic reasons for wanting the rebate to appear. And your point that some emulsions are only available in 135 are correct. And I'll also be satisfied to accept "I do it because I feel like it." After all, that's why I'm here at all. I don't make any money with film, or art in general. It is a complete mental diversion for me, and a sunk cost to boot. It has zero payback outside entertainment value for my personal circumstance. I take pictures because I feel like it, and when anyone asks why I use film I say because I feel like it. So that's legit.

But I really have heard people say they can't try any pano work because they can't afford it. Duh!?

But as your technique points out, even if my technique leads to a life that's nasty, brutish, and short, a sharp knife is all that's necessary for a more elegant solution.

MB
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin