Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,902   Posts: 1,521,136   Online: 1045

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Is there an inexpensive entry into panoramic photography? Something that provides decent results?
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Crown / Speed Graphic 4x5 with a DaYi 6x12 back. The camera is $150 or so with a lens, and the back is $250 new. You can't beat that for price or quality. Of course, you would have to shoot it on a tripod only.
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Anamorphic pinhole camera , 6 cms to 17 cms record , homemade , deep anamorphic effect , extreme easy to build and lots of fun
    If you want to see the construction details from many experimenters , visit f295.org forums , ten thousands of free to view images , extreme active forıum and very nice people
    camera is lightweight if you dont want to build like someone build it with thick aluminum plate
    I advise to build that camera before investing heavyweight cameras.
    You can use 250 microns pinhole from lenox laser and best technology cost you 20 dollars.
    If you have no money for pinhole , you can create to dig a hole to aluminum folio with needle.

Other camera 35 film user , lomo spin camera , 360 degrees , very sexy camera and cost 145 dollars , you can make it with a lenox slit and some creativity.

There are slit panorama camera plans at google and you can make a very sexy camera , with lens and slit or only with a slit.

good luck ,

Umut

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    How about a cheap medium format camera and crop the negative?
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A wide angle lens and cropping is also a good start if the film format is up to the degree of enlargement for the print size you want. Art Sinsabaugh used a 12x20 inch banquet camera, but cropped some of his prints down to 1:20 proportions.

You can work with cropping any format film until you find your own "sweet spot" for proportions and enlargement size, then choose more specialized equipment as needed.

Lee
    Last edited by Lee L; 06-30-2011 at 12:14 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Get a Kodak 2a, make spacers for the 120 spools (126 is lsight larger) and a mask for 6x14cm. Use the lens on the camera or you can take any copal 0 lens from large format....such as a schneider 90mm f8
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    From analog audio , bigger the recording medium , better the sound.

If you build 6x17 camera with pinhole anamorphic , you can develop it to positive and tone the bw positive with palladium solution. It will be 20 dollars investment to chemicals and make a small tank filled with palladium toner. There is a full description at alternative techniques at APUG.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I would get a Holga 6x12 pinhole camera, cut off the front and fit a lens at hyperfocal distance for f16.

Actually, that's what I was going to do, to see what I did instead, click on the 6x12 camera link below!

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Darin, I'm with Jeff, in fact I've been contemplating doing what he suggested for a couple of years now. Haven't done it 'cos I can't justify carrying more gear.

I've been with Lee L ever since I realized that a 38/4.5 Biogon covers 84 mm with good illumination -- there's a very sharp cut off at 42 mm off-axis -- and decent image quality at the edge. On 2x3 film as I use in my humble Century Graphic that means a fine 24 mm x 80 mm strip. Ever since then I've alternated "Who needs an Alpa 12?" with "Who needs an XPan?" Yes I have a Century and use a 38 Biogon on it. Now I have a 35/4.5 Apo Grandagon that I also use on the Century; it puts good image in 2x3's corners so give better cropping opportunities.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin