Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,916   Posts: 1,584,723   Online: 744

Shooter
    Large Format

my visit to the Globus Studios

On Monday I had the priviledge and honor of being invited to visit the Globus Studios before they close for good. Thanks go to Everen T. Brown for the invite.

I was also lucky enough to meet Ron Globus, who is in poor health. Speaking with Ron for an hour was a real treat as he described all of his inventions and inventions he hoped to make in the future.

I also got to see some original prototype Globuscopes (black anodized aluminum!) along with larger format panoramic, cycloramic, and 3D cameras.

Much of this may end up on eBay in the near future as the studio closes and they clear out the workshop. Keep your eyes peeled.

The end of an era.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Do you know the reason for closing the space?

Shooter
    Large Format
    I think all of the brothers are ready for retirement.

Shooter
    35mm
    Have you taken pics of any of the cameras you've mentioned and which can be posted here?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin