Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,271   Posts: 1,534,477   Online: 1140

Shooter
    Medium Format

Filter for a Horizont panoramic camera

Dear photographers,

I use an older model of the Russian panoramic camera, this one:

http://www.guenterposch.de/Horizont_Kamera.html

I bought this camera and (not the contemporary model Horizon (without T) 202 and sisters) because it is not made from plastic. The usage of a filter is not intended for this camera.

I want to use an IR filter and decided to roll my own. I bought a Cokin filter, type A is sufficient. IR has the number 007. These are plastic and not glass filters. It is to cut in pieces. I cut a 16x17 mm² piece form this filter and chamfered the edges. The piece of filter can be squeezed in the channel in front of the objective. May be it is necessary to use samm small pieces of Postersstrips at two corners. To remove it the usage of a needle may be necessary.

To cut Cokin filters simply score id form both sides. Then it can be broke into two pieces.

May be this method is useful for the Horizion 202 cameras too.
    Last edited by piu58; 10-16-2011 at 07:18 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Guten Tag Uwe, this is the first I've seen your post. Perhaps you have solved your problem by now. There was a man in the Netherlands who made filters for Horizons. I can't remember his name, but I believe he was very active in the Yahoo Panorama Photography forum. I am at work now, but will look for his name when I get home.

Good luck with your Horizon.

Cheers,

-- Mark

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by mfohl View Post
    Guten Tag Uwe, this is the first I've seen your post. Perhaps you have solved your problem by now. There was a man in the Netherlands who made filters for Horizons. I can't remember his name, but I believe he was very active in the Yahoo Panorama Photography forum. I am at work now, but will look for his name when I get home.

Good luck with your Horizon.

Cheers,

-- Mark
    His Name is William J Markerink

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin