Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,979   Posts: 1,523,701   Online: 1126

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Rolleicord Vb as a Panoramic Camera

I am planning to use one of my Rolleicord Vb's as panoramic camera. Here's how. I have the 24 exposure kit installed. Add to that I have a 0.7 Mutar installed up front and TriX being shot at 800. It seems to me that this should make a pretty good panoramic piece of kit. Does anyone see any obvious errors I am about to make? I will post some test shots on APUG gallery(s) for examination once the tests are complete. I think this might work out rather well. Keep you posted.
    Logan

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Do you have the panoramic accessory? Or do you just wing it?
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't wee any problems, per se, with your plan. I don't know too much about the affect of the Mutar on image quality. What I do know is that you'll end up using such a small part of the film. Have you considered using the Rollei panorama attachment and going full-frame (6x6). Only thing you'll have to do is assemble or stitch the frames, which you won't have to do with your current plan.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have the pano attachment for the Rollei but I have never used it. I make single negative panos. They seem to work out best for me. I have used the Fuji TX-1 and the Bronica 135W back a lot on the ETRSi. Noth work great. I have stitched them in D*****l which makes long ones, but I rather like singel neg ones better. I'll see what this Rollei 24 exposure kit can do.... the 50mm Mutar makes good wide angle negs so it will give me complete coverage on the neg....Wednesday we go shoot...
    Logan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You might have problems with fall off in the corners. FYI

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have both Mutars, 0,7x and 1,5x. They work quite well if stopped down t o f/8 - with the 75/3,5 Planar lens of my Rolleiflex. I dont see any falloff in the corners. Sharpness is quite good even at edges and corners. I have not tried it with combination of the Rolleicords' Tessar.

It is not necessary to install the 24 exposure kit for that reason. You can use normal film of type 120 and only use a strip of each image.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well, using the 24, I get 24 shots to the roll and don't waste silver....plus its fun that way... just to see what I can do!
    Logan

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin