Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,580   Online: 785

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Check with fred Newman at the view camera store, and also Simon from ilford on the process. I heard they changed the process so you can request any size, but you have to do it before the list is finalized for the the season.It was mentioned recently somewhere on apug. I presently have a bunch of5" aerial, 8" original cirkut film, 9.5" aerial, and even 16" rolls so I'm good for now. I've been messing with a few 7" al vista cameras and would love to get some 7" thin base film, but don't want to spend money right now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    more details on the ilford run are here
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum172/...roduction.html
    or go over to the apug product availability section

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thanks for the info. I apologize for sidetracking this thread, though I think we pretty well covered the original topic.

I'm fairly well set for film myself also, but wouldn't mind having some 10". Some other folks have been asking about Cirkut film and I had just emailed Simon Galley when this came up here.

One long time pro is looking for 8" black and white. I sold him 10 of my last 20 rolls of the Kodak Verichrome a few years ago and I think he was getting something else until recently. I want to keep a few rolls of the Verichrome for myself, but I'd love to help him out, so will look into all the options.
    Last edited by Mark Crabtree; 11-08-2011 at 10:22 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Hello Mark,

I have some HP5+ 8"x100' expires Sep. 2013 in the freezer. It was from the group order though Fred Newman in 2009. Also, some ADOX R100 Cirkut Film - 10 inch and JandC Classic 400 - 8 inch, but I am not sure how many 100' rolls. I may be willing to sell some, but I am in Canada, so the shipping will be a bit more than in the US. As an aside, who prefers FP4+ or HP5+?

Cheers,
    Clarence

Shooter
    Large Format
    Clarence, I'll PM.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Jamie - Yes indeed, that is my understanding as well. I'd received my info from Fred, and I put my request for 10" rolls through him for next year. Hopefully they'll be available. I'll follow up, and will be ordering a few rolls if they make it on the list.

Tony

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    I've not used HP4 for anything, but am a big fan of Delta 100. Selfishly, I think it'd be great to have that as an option. Actually, I was initially pretty surprised that this 8" roll film they offered was so fast. It works beautifully, but I wasn't expecting something as fast as HP5. As an aside, historically speaking, does anyone know what film speed was originally used with these cameras when new? I'm sure it wasn't 400.

T

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Probably 50-200
    Verichrome pan was the last film produced @ 125, and was a great film for the cirkut. They were also cutting tri x as well, but that got discontinued before I got into it. Super XX was cut for cirkut for years, but I believe it was a slower different emulsion back then. I have a old roll or two in the basement, and will look at some point. Agfa also spooled cirkut film at one point

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I looked at the film boxes I have and no speeds are given, but according to info on the internet the original verichrome ortho film was around 50-80 asa, and it was faster than the Kodak NC non curling film, maybe around 25 asa (?)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Im curious.
    Can I sidetrack this for a second and ask you guys how you print these and in what formats?

Thanks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin