Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,751   Posts: 1,515,859   Online: 981

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Mamut photo website?

Hello folks, just a quick question - anyone knows what happened to mamutphoto.com website?
    Been thinking about starting building something ultra large but the bookmarks are dead and google does not find anything..

Thanks
    A.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by andreios View Post
    Hello folks, just a quick question - anyone knows what happened to mamutphoto.com website?
    Been thinking about starting building something ultra large but the bookmarks are dead and google does not find anything..

Thanks
    A.
    I can't help you with what happened, but go back with the wayback machine: http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://mamutphoto.com
    Mike

"Your apparent youth belies your worldly knowledge."
    Flickr Account

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the wayback link, still a very useful resource.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Apparently the young man who put it together, Patrick Jan Van Hove, I think started a family and began building bass guitars. Honestly, most of his information was gleaned from other sources and assembled like a scrapbook. Several folks who knew what they were about did join and helped sort things out. The LF DIY section here and at the www.largeformatphotography.info forum are good places to start.
    Tracy Storer
    Polaroid 20x24 Studio West
    www.mammothcamera.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you all, folks! Yes, I am a member of LFPF and follow attentively the DIY forum.. But I remembered the page and thought it an excellent concise source of information. Now the hard work is to be started - I sourced 7x17 X-Ray film, I think I'll be starting with "one-shot" pinhole and move from there.
    | website | ipernity thing |

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin