Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,482,023   Online: 882

Shooter
    Large Format

42 inch red dot artar in shutter

If I am right, this artar lens can be mounted in a shutter. Can we often see it for sale ? What price ?
    That would be for a 20x24 camera.
    Thank you, Thierry M.L.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Goerz apparently didn't, see http://www.cameraeccentric.com/html/info/goerz_1.html and page down to the price list, but skgrimes did, see http://www.skgrimes.com/lens-mountin...ed-to-shutters. The maximum aperture attainable when the lens is in shutter is more than a stop smaller than it is with the lens in barrel.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I don't know if there is a lot of 42 inch that have been mounted in shutter by skgrimes, but any idea of the price of a lens like that ?
    Thierry M.L.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The 30" artar was the largest you could mount without losing stops. You might have even lost a little with that one.
    Like Dan said, you'll loose your max aperture.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Any idea of what is the price of a 42" artar in shutter ? more or less than 2000 $ ?
    Thierry M.L.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I sold a 47.5" RDA few years back for $1400. In barrel. Purty, purty lens. Not very common.

It *CAN* be shutter mounted. Compound 5 or Ilex/Acme #5 is required.
    NOT an easy job. Barrel needs to be machined down IIRC. But definitely possible.
    NOT cheap(about $850 IIRC, not including cost of shutter!)
    SKGrimes is the best. There are others, but I've used SKGrimes multiple times, and they do fantastic work through-and-through. No complaints whatsoever.

I know 3 people who have shutter-mounted 42" lenses(one's lens is an APO Ronar CL, the other's two are LD Artars, but same thing almost). Both used Ilex #5's for their mounting. All use the lenses on ULF(two w/ 8x20), the other with 11x14,8x20 and 12x20.

All use that FL regularly.

so there

-Dan

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Hi Daniel

Any Idea where i can get a 1800 mm process lens ?? I am desperately looking for one !! any help is highly appreciated

thanks kurt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kurt,

IDK about a "supplier" anymore outside of watching ebay and the LF-related(APUG, LFF, AZO forum) regularly. Up until 1yr ago or so, it seemed there were (1-2) 47.5" RDA's that hit the interwebs for sale, usually by people selling a former graphics art company's "scrap metal"....

I got mine(which is now with a nice chap in China) from a friend. Was intending to make a specialized long-FL tele 8x10 camera, but that project didn't fly... So I sold the lens onwards.

put up a "WTB" (want to buy) listing and see if anyone pops up with one for sale. Might take some doing though, and some patience, especially if you intend on getting one "inexpensively"...

best of luck!

-Dan

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    You may want to keep you eyes open for a 24" Dagor for 20x24. Then again that's probably even more rare. I cant remember if a 19" Dagor will cover 20x24. Maybe stopped down it will. Robert

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin