Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,949   Posts: 1,585,942   Online: 986

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format

1200MM 47 Inch lens!

I have acquired a Hermagis Aplanatique that is 1200mm or 47 inch focal length. Other than turning my living room into a camera obscura, what format would this cover, if they even made film larger than 20x24? I'm roughly guessing it would cover 40x40?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by goamules View Post
    I have acquired a Hermagis Aplanatique that is 1200mm or 47 inch focal length. Other than turning my living room into a camera obscura, what format would this cover, if they even made film larger than 20x24? I'm roughly guessing it would cover 40x40?
    An Aplanat is basically a Rapid Rectilinear, if that is what this lens is it would cover like most any R-R. NICE find! I'm envious!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Reminds me of a Night Gallery episode with Ross Martin and Rene Auberjonois. For sure, make a camera obscura.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I'm just glad to OP was inclusive enough to include both measurements in his title. Don't want to confuse us Americans.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Klainmeister View Post
    I'm just glad to OP was inclusive enough to include both measurements in his title. Don't want to confuse us Americans.
    Well, he is wrong. It's 47.2441 inches.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Whoa, that changes everything!
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was watching this the other day and almost thought that that's the one you'd gotten, except this is smaller than yours (but still, look at the photo with the iphone).
    I can't imagine how big a 47" would be, can you lift it?
    If the view outside your living room gets boring, you could always make one of these
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

f/64 and be there.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

well:

I'm still holding out for the Noct Asph f/1.0 version with m4/3 adapter, single coated for my hdr infra red portraits of black cats in coal cellars.

David

Shooter
    Large Format
    I don't think I'll rent it, but I may sell it outright one day. It would fit on a 9" board.

A couple pics, I dispensed with the usual 35mm film roll, here's a 13" Vitax for scale:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How in the world do you mount something like that?

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin