Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,482,057   Online: 780

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie young View Post
    I'm guessing most ronars, nikkors or artars will cover 12x20 in the 24"/600 mm range. ... My 12" gclaron just about covers 8x20 when stopped down a bit
    Bad guess. These lenses cover around 46-46 degrees, except the tessar type 600/9 Apo-Nikkor, which covers 37 degrees.

Y'r G-Claron is, as process lenses go, a wide angle, covers 64 degrees.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd say that stopped down a G-Claron covers 75-80 deg nicely. I've used a 150 for 5x7 with no trouble.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Might be a bad guess if you want to follow manufacturers specs, and I don't know about the 600 nikon, but I do know the 610 apo nikkor covers 8x20 with lots of movements. I also know the 305 gclaron just about covers 8x20, and I would be very surprised if the 600 artars and ronars didn't cover 12x20.The 480 artar covers 8x20 easily. I know that because I've taken pictures with them. The manufacturers specs, like I said are very conservative.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jamie, do you contact print or enlarge?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I contact print Dan. I am aware of your point(one isn't going to see the loss of edge sharpness until one enlarges). Most people contact print at this size. That being said one could still enlarge at least a few x before problems arise. My 480 artar does very well in the corners. The 610 does well even with a lot of movements. In the real world for most people, unless you are somehow scanning for large digital output, a lot of these lenses work very well, despite exceeding manufacturer specs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin