Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,063   Online: 951
      
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    local
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    16,367
    Blog Entries
    6
    Images
    55
    the 'normal' for a 14/11 is about 16"
    the normal for a 12/20 is about 22 "
    355mm is around 14 inches ...

    so its probably like 35mm on a 35 mm camera and much wider on a 12/20
    i use a 13" on a 11/14 often, its not excessively wide
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

  2. #12
    Dave Wooten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Posts
    2,714
    Images
    20
    Correct 35 mm. I view 500 mm lens as "normal" on my 14 x 17. 50 mm "normal" on 35 mm camera. 50/35. 500/350.
    The G Claron covers. Also at infinty the fuji 450 c and Fuji 11.5 600 c. 450 m nikor also.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT]

  3. #13
    jimgalli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Tonopah Nevada
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Posts
    3,402
    Blog Entries
    2
    Images
    155

    freemont cottonwoods, irwin cyn., railroad valley, nv
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

    http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

  4. #14
    Dave Wooten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Posts
    2,714
    Images
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by jimgalli View Post

    freemont cottonwoods, irwin cyn., railroad valley, nv
    Oh my, this is lovely
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT]

  5. #15
    jimgalli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Tonopah Nevada
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Posts
    3,402
    Blog Entries
    2
    Images
    155
    Thanks Dave. I knew you were the one guy who would know how rare this scene is in Nevada. Plus, it's not apparent to the viewer but to scramble on top of a camper shell on a pickup truck with a 14X17 camera to get the perspective is sort of Ansel-ly plus. Most people have enough sense . . . not to.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

    http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

  6. #16
    Dave Wooten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Posts
    2,714
    Images
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by jimgalli View Post
    Thanks Dave. I knew you were the one guy who would know how rare this scene is in Nevada. Plus, it's not apparent to the viewer but to scramble on top of a camper shell on a pickup truck with a 14X17 camera to get the perspective is sort of Ansel-ly plus. Most people have enough sense . . . not to.
    Lol! Jim I got a can am commander xt 1000 to haul my old butt and the ulf cameras this year. One day I will have to load it on the trailer and venture up hwy 95
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT]

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by jimgalli View Post

    freemont cottonwoods, irwin cyn., railroad valley, nv
    Very nice....a month later lol. So with the 355mm g-claron lens im a little curious about the coverage wide open. Im not to concerned about the sharpness in the corners but am wondering if it will cover 12x20 to 16x16 at f9?

  8. #18
    jimgalli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Tonopah Nevada
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Posts
    3,402
    Blog Entries
    2
    Images
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by MintStudios View Post
    Very nice....a month later lol. So with the 355mm g-claron lens im a little curious about the coverage wide open. Im not to concerned about the sharpness in the corners but am wondering if it will cover 12x20 to 16x16 at f9?
    Don't know the answer. But fwiw the original conversation surrounded very cheap lenses that might cover, and yesterday I was doing restorative work on 3 lenses that came in the same box for $74 total with shipping. A #4 Turner Reich which of course includes a 24" single component that I believe would cover these formats for under $40 bucks and the 16 1/2" component of the #11 Series VIIa Protar that was in there might also do the job.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

    http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

  9. #19
    TheFlyingCamera's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Washington DC
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    8,370
    Blog Entries
    51
    Images
    435
    I think the 355 G-claron would be pushing the very limits of coverage if not past it for 16x20 at most apertures, certainly at wide open f9. 14x17 and 12x20 have very similar diagonals - 22 vs 23 inches, so any lens that covers 14x17 would most likely cover 12x20. But 16x20 is a different animal.

  10. #20

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    I think the 355 G-claron would be pushing the very limits of coverage if not past it for 16x20 at most apertures, certainly at wide open f9. 14x17 and 12x20 have very similar diagonals - 22 vs 23 inches, so any lens that covers 14x17 would most likely cover 12x20. But 16x20 is a different animal.
    Just to clarify what I meant was if the 355mm g claron was at f9, would cover 12x20 and 16x16 (plus everything in between 13x19, 15x17 etc...)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin