Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,849   Posts: 1,582,826   Online: 742

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

One question: How long are the back springs for an 11x14 view camera?

I pose this question to the brightest members of the group. Those who have or know how long the back springs are. I know they will vary according to age, manufacturer, and material so there is no one single right answer.

No anecdotal comments like "I once met a back spring at a bar and.…", or "I don't know but I have a buddy who saw one once". Just your direct answer as best as you can. Like, "My camera has — —" springs."

Thank you.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you look at pictures of the GG backs of 11x14 cameras on the web you will see the springs are sometimes as long as the glass. So that would be about 14".
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	V11_2B.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	270.9 KB 
ID:	90523

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    If you look at pictures of the GG backs of 11x14 cameras on the web you will see the springs are sometimes as long as the glass. So that would be about 14".
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	V11_2B.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	270.9 KB 
ID:	90523
    This is true usually. About 15" however the Deardorff has 18" long springs.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    I use 11" springs on my 7x17" DIY camera.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin