Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,693   Posts: 1,669,487   Online: 1075

Shooter
    35mm

ULF restoration project help

I've recently saved this from a skip, it was so stupidly huge and heavy it seemed too good to just lob, the purist in me just couldn't let it happen.

The bellows seem to be intact, gears all working fine, ground glass plate is also intact.
    There's no film back - I'm guessing I'd have to build a custom one?
    And there's no lens - again at a loss as to what I would need. focal length? angle of view?

There seems to be no information regarding its history, so if anyone is able to shed some light on where it came from that would be brilliant.

Any help, whether from personal experience or links to useful posts, I'd be most grateful of.

Thanks
    Liam
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WP_20150604_001.jpg   WP_20150604_003.jpg  
    "There are no photographs while I'm reloading"

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by smithlphoto View Post
    There's no film back - I'm guessing I'd have to build a custom one?
    And there's no lens - again at a loss as to what I would need. focal length? angle of view?
    Some dimensions & photos of the glass & back might help. The lens would be very dependant on the size of the plate/film - As an example, my Watson 10x12 came with a 360mm Dagor and I have an 18" (460mm) Lustra ready to use when I need something a little longer.

Certainly looks like a fun camera to use in the studio.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin