Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,971   Posts: 1,523,553   Online: 779

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My My,
    I would go for a vintage Ries A-100 and model A PhotoPlane head for the big camera and keep the cost under control ! It just so happens I have just that tripod (ries A-100 and model A photoPlane head) needing a home--email me at josburke@bellsouth.net .$425 plus shipping (about $35 UPS)
    Joseph Burke

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've only got a puny 5x7 Burke & James but I'm pretty sure my Majestic tripod with Majestic geared head would hold most anything up and hold it rock solid. My Majestic tripod has a geared center column which is also very solid. Paid $107 including an extension arm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use a Gitzo 1500 series carbon fiber set of legs with a big majestic head. It holds my 12x20 rock steady and has the added convenience of being light enough to actually carry some distance.
    I just want to feel nostalgic like I used to.

http://www.clayharmon.net - turnip extraordinaire

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I manage pretty well with a Berleback 3032 tripod. it has a small 15 degree leveling ball plate that pretty much works for a majority of situations. I also use an old Davis & Sanford tripod/head to shoot verticals with the 7x17. both are great products.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Ries Model-A. The only tripod I suggest for ULF.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My Saltzman works great. Not so good for backpacking...
    My Verito page

Anyone can appreciate a fine print. But it takes a real photographer to appreciate a fine negative.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a Miller wood movie camera tripod that is about the same size and weight as a Ries A 100, but was MUCH less expensive to buy used. This thing will hold a building, but I'll be using it for a 7x17 camera. Not too far from the car though.

Richard Wasserman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Anyone use a Dutch Hill Tripod, such as: http://005a22e.netsolhost.com/products/p900.html
    ?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by photomc
    Just curious, the Wolf tripods look very much like a Berlebach tripod. Are they the same, just rebadged or just very close in design?

TIA
    They are related in design, going back to the same nationalized company during GDR times (VEB Foto-Kino), but they are independent companies now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh and Yes the Wolfs are really good, in my opinion much better then the Berlebachs. I just have my first Woody from the Wolf's and like it alot for my Burke & James 8x10.
    The loking down part is much better on the Wolf's then on the Berlebach, if Berlebach did not change it the last 4-5 years!
    Have a good time! Armin
    Good light and nice shadows!

www.artfoto.ch

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin