Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,498   Posts: 1,543,086   Online: 1015

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

300mm f9 Hexanon GR II f9

What's the coverage of these lenses ?

Just acuired 3 Hexanon GR 11's via the auction site and the 300mm is surplus to my requirements. However it does have far greater coverage than my other 3 LF 300mm/12" lenses.

A Google search on Hexanon GR 11's gives valuable information regarding the 150mm f9's, luckily mine does cover 10"x8" with a little room for slight movements, but I can find nothing about the 210mm or 300mm versions.

Before I post it for sale, here in the classified section, I'd appreciate honest opinions of its potential coverage for ULF.

Ian

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    is it the same design as the computar and the kowa etc...if so it will cover 7 x 17 and 11 x 14?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wooten
    is it the same design as the computar and the kowa etc...if so it will cover 7 x 17 and 11 x 14?
    It is...it does.
    "One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I also have one, has ample coverage for 7x17 when stopped down. nice 300mm lens for the price.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by df cardwell
    It is...it does.
    Are you sure about the design?

I ask because although the 150/9 GRII I used to have is a 6/4 plasmat, the 210/9 GRII I'm still using is a 6/6 sort of double Gauss. So if you have a 300/9 GRII, what is it?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wooten
    Actually, not even all the Computars and Graphic-Kowas are the same design. My 150mm Computar and Grahic-Kowa are both 6/4 designs. However, my 210mm Computar is a 6/4, but my 210mm Graphic-Kowa is a 6/6 design with less coverage.

This change from the original 6/4 design to the later 6/6 construction seems to have taken place gradually and may not have affected all focal lengths in the series (for example, every 150mm Computar/APO Kyvytar/Graphic-Kowa I have seen is of 6/4 construction). This seesm to be the reason for vast differences concerning the reported usable coverage of these lenses. They all look pretty much the same, but some cover less than others.

Not sure on the 300mm Konica GRII, but the 210mm is reported to be a 6/6 design. So yes, it is likely the same design and offers similar coverage to some Computars and Graphic-Kowas, the question is, which ones?

Kerry

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'll add to the confusion. I have a 310mm GRII (yes it clearly states 310mm) that covers my 8X20 and is tack sharp corner to corner.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You guys are going to start driving the prices up on these. SchwinParamount told me he can get these bad boys for under a sawbuck up in Seattle.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin