Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,922   Posts: 1,556,644   Online: 1305

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Mike

Phillips cameras weren't designed to do what you want to do, you'll either need to find a tele lens which are quite rare (aerial cameras had them) or use another camera. Yes a rail camera would be a good choice.

I agree that for landscape use the big long lenses have some use.

Clayton

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by claytume
    Mike

Phillips cameras weren't designed to do what you want to do, you'll either need to find a tele lens which are quite rare (aerial cameras had them) or use another camera. Yes a rail camera would be a good choice.

I agree that for landscape use the big long lenses have some use.

Clayton
    Yeah Clayton, I new this buying the camera from Dick as well as the non revolving back that has cropped up as a "issue" from time to time. This is buy know means a knock on Dick as he was very informative and helpful.

Mike

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Mike:

You haven't said what format Phillips you have, but it sounds like the 11x14 Explorer.

If so, you might check with Michael Ward Jones (APUG subscriber). If I remember correctly, he had S.K. Grimes make an extension lensboard for his Phillips Explorer that would allow him to use a 30 inch Artar. I think he later sold it on a prominent internet auction site....

I had Grimes make an extension lensboard so I could use a 1000mm Docter Optic Apo-Germinar on my Phillips 12x20 (~36 inch bellows draw). It works like a charm; the camera is very stable, and the front standard is more than strong enough to hold up that very substantial hunk of glass.

Don't give up on the Phillips just yet; they're pretty remarkable field cameras.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Packer
    Mike:

You haven't said what format Phillips you have, but it sounds like the 11x14 Explorer.

If so, you might check with Michael Ward Jones (APUG subscriber). If I remember correctly, he had S.K. Grimes make an extension lensboard for his Phillips Explorer that would allow him to use a 30 inch Artar. I think he later sold it on a prominent internet auction site....

I had Grimes make an extension lensboard so I could use a 1000mm Docter Optic Apo-Germinar on my Phillips 12x20 (~36 inch bellows draw). It works like a charm; the camera is very stable, and the front standard is more than strong enough to hold up that very substantial hunk of glass.

Don't give up on the Phillips just yet; they're pretty remarkable field cameras.
    Yes Jay it is 11x14 and no I wont throw in the hat yet. I have a couple options to explore and I have just gotten comfortable with the camera.
    Mike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin