Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,527   Posts: 1,543,951   Online: 1084

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

finally I am one of those lucky ebay bidders...

so Ive been looking for a wider angle lens for my 7x17 (in the 10" range) for a while now...
    I came across this ebay auction and have been anxiously watching it all week.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=7607538155
    and I actually won it. Im pretty excited about it.
    I was going under the assumption of the ample coverage of G Clarons. the 355 I have is a wonderful lens.

anyone know much about this 270mm WA G claron?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good deal, Matt! Was this the one I sent the link to? I think it screws into a Copal.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 04-12-2006 at 10:59 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    yeah. I had booked marked it not but an hour before you PMed me. (great minds think alike)

managed to get it pretty cheap too

Shooter
    Large Format
    I have one I’m using in a 7x17 adapter for my enlarger. At 2x magnification, it has great resolution at the corners and less than ½ stop light falloff. Schneider claims around 70 degree coverage, and I know it can do better than that. I have not tried it on the camera yet. I have heard it does not fit a Copal shutter? Does anyone know for certain? See http://www.schneiderkreuznach.com/ar..._claron_wa.pdf
    —Eric

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Matt,

Congratulations on the purchase. Enjoy it. If Jeremy is correct, I presume you intend to install it into a shutter to add to its usability.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    rich...
    am hoping to eventually mount it to a shutter. hoping maybe some of the knowledgeable lens folk (JimG, Kerry, Sandy) and/or banquet shooters (kerik, shinnya, clay, etc) might hopefully stumble in with any helpful info on whether it fits in a shutter etc. If not it will get used nonetheless (I dont mind the lenscap shutter if thats the only financially feasible option)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Way to go Matt.....Congratulations on what looks like a very cool lens for the 7x17.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Large Format
    I checked my 270 WA G-Claron on a Copal 3 shutter. The threads seem to match, but I can’t screw the cells into the shutter deep enough to match the cell spacing on the factory 270. Perhaps the shutter area around the threads could be machined wider to allow the larger diameter lens cells, or maybe the cell bodies could be machined down. It only lacks about 5mm (rough meas.) to get the right cell spacing. This test was with a newer Copal 3 that came on a Nikon 450M.
    —Eric

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    thanks for the info Eric... will try it out in my copal 3 when it arrives.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by scootermm
    rich...
    am hoping to eventually mount it to a shutter. hoping maybe some of the knowledgeable lens folk (JimG, Kerry, Sandy) and/or banquet shooters (kerik, shinnya, clay, etc) might hopefully stumble in with any helpful info on whether it fits in a shutter etc. If not it will get used nonetheless (I dont mind the lenscap shutter if thats the only financially feasible option)
    Have you looked at the S.K. Grimes website to see if they have any examples of shutter mounting of this lens?

Sandy

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin