Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,556   Posts: 1,573,160   Online: 765

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Michael,

I've got a full 25 sheet box of Photo Warehouse 125 (FP4) film I purchased last spring for a project that never developed. I was planning to cut it down to 10x12, but if you were interested, it would probably the least expensive way to get into a box of film.

I like FP4 for alt processes the best, followed by TMY.

PM me if you would like more details.

---Michael
    www.mutmansky.com
    B&W photography in Silver, Palladium, and gum bichromate.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Slade
    I don't know which holders he has, but he didn't mention any probs with the bellows and using the 30 inch lens (red-dot). He did say that my 24 inch red dot would be pretty much normal on the camera, so I'll try it out and see. I also have this MASSIVE Reis tripod from the 30's that will come in handy. Glad I held onto it now.
    Unless it is a modified F&S there will not be nearly enough bellows draw for a 30" lens. As I recall, even a 24" lens requires the use of a front extender to focus at infinity.

Sandy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Craig has used this camera for many years, and didn't mention any probs. with the 30 inch lens. He must have figured out a way to make it work (he's pretty crafty like I said...).

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Michael, very exciting. I envy the opportunity yer being afforded.
    I got to see first hand some of Clay Harmons 12x20 negatives and the resulting prints.
    made me start to contemplate it.... they are just gorgeous and such a wonderful format.

I dont shoot 12x20, but do shoot 7x17. I use Efke PL100 (think its labeled as Adox now at JandC) and it gives great results. I dont do much of anything aside from pt/pd printing with the negatives (now at least, started with VDBs), but love the film.
    I sort of jumped into the pyro dev thing with both feet. Its really not that rough of a learning curve. Efke 100 and the JandC 400 films are both great. havent shot any Tmax, trix, or Ilford films in ULF but imagine theyd be just as good as the 4x5s.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    I'm also getting into shooting 12x20 for the summer, and was wondering if anyone knows if the Nikkor-M 450mm will cover the format?

Thanks,

Ryan McIntosh

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Ryan,

I've only shoot 8x20. I know if has plenty of coverage for that format.

I did shoot with a friend a few years back who used a 12x20 and he used one.
    I don't remember what he said about its coverage.
    George Losse
    www.georgelosse.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan McIntosh
    I'm also getting into shooting 12x20 for the summer, and was wondering if anyone knows if the Nikkor-M 450mm will cover the format?

Thanks,

Ryan McIntosh
    Ryan, 450 Nikkor is what Jorge uses on 1220. I've used a 450 Fuji C and it has less coverage than the Nikkor. It should be the perfect lens. BTW I was having trouble visualizing what different lenses would look like on 1220 until I realized that 6X10 or a cropped 8X10 is half ratio. So to visualize what I'd get with a 480mm on 1220 I drop to 240 on cropped 8X10 which I'm quite familiar with.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Thank Jim for the advice. Anyone know a wide angle lens (around 300mm maybe) to use on 12x20. Something not terrible expensive.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Ryan...
    dont know for sure... but I was amazed at the amount of coverage that the Konica 300mm GRII I got on ebay has. I havent been able to find the edge of the coverage with it on 7x17. Granted its an old camera and the movements are not abundant but Ive tilted the front WAY down and it still has coverage. May be a lens to consider trying.

The 305mm Computar is the lens you would like to use but they are both scarce as hens teeth and when they are found, cost a King's randsom. Next best "wide angle" I believe would be the 355 G Claron. I have seen some in barrel that were not that expensive. I have an extra that has a very modest amount of bloom on the outside edge of the rear element that would very easily clean off if you are interested.

My 12x20 and 8x20 lens selection is 355 G Claron, 450M Nikon, 19" Red Dot, 24" Red Dot, 30" Doctor Germinar, 35" Red Dot and 42" Red Dot. Don't use the 35" or the 42" focal lengths to often (if at all) as they are both heavy and most of the time need secondary tripod support.

Cheers!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin