Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,654   Posts: 1,481,327   Online: 1061

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Diane- have you tested out the 240 Germinar-W on it yet? I thought Kerry said it wouldn't quite cover the format...

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera
    Diane- have you tested out the 240 Germinar-W on it yet? I thought Kerry said it wouldn't quite cover the format...
    I seem to recall Kerry telling me the exact opposite. Anyway, the lens in the pictures is the 240 Germinar. I put on the 450 Nikkor, but I decided not to post that picture. Three pictures is enough. I even put the camera into vertical position (somewhat nervewracking to let go), but it worked fine with the 450 on there.

I actually haven't taken it out of the house yet. And guess what? It's supposed to rain all weekend! Oops, sorry, I think I've already said that.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Diane
    thats a gorgeous looking tool you have there. cant wait to see your work from it.
    Enjoy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Diane - if you don't get that camera out and expose some film by Saturday afternoon, you're gonna have to send it to Rio Rancho.

Don't you have an umbrella holder around the house?
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rbarker
    Diane - if you don't get that camera out and expose some film by Saturday afternoon, you're gonna have to send it to Rio Rancho.

Don't you have an umbrella holder around the house?
    lol, Ralph. Not on your life!

Nope, no umbrella holder here. I'd have to recruit a friend to do that.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Is it a boy or a girl? Cigars? Congrats! It's gorgeous. Any of your 8X10 lenses will work fine. The diagonal is very similar to 8X10 and the Germinar will almost do 11X14. When you get some confidence built PM me and I'll send a few feet of my stash of Panatomic X 5" aerial to play with. I missed the Lens & Repro 5X12 with the 10 holders. It was an old Korona but I wanted it bad! Those guys would not lay away and let me make 3 payments and I rarely have 2 grand at any one time.

Still Looking.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The 240 Germinar will work well. I tried mine on my 7x17 and it almost covered, but didn't quite hit the corners, so it should do just fine on 5x12.

Richard Wasserman

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera
    The 240mm Germinar-W should be a great lens for 5x12. I will hit the corners at f16 and allow fairly generous movements at f32 or smaller.

As Richard stated, it won't quite cover 7x17. I have a 240mm Computar I plan to use on my 7x17, but it's quite a bit heavier (Copal No. 3), single coated, harder to find and more expensive than the 240mm Germinar-W.

Kerry

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Diane,

Absolutely beautiful camera (but, being a Canham, I knew it would be). You're really going to love using it. Congrats!

Kerry

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin