Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,943   Posts: 1,585,769   Online: 1121

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well sign me up--it's all about the contact print in that format and even on mighty low RC--again it's about the contact and I'm curious--The Polaroid 20x24 is always in the mags though the archival quality is very questionable and heck, if people are impressed by that low resolution then how about a real contact from 11x14 color film albeit on lowly RC. Sign me up---well count me in and lets see how it turns out!
    I'll avoid all the bashing please--it's the weekend and Ryan's not offended me--maybe we just have a different perspective on the matter--simple enough!
    Joseph Burke

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Quote Originally Posted by JosBurke
    Well sign me up--it's all about the contact print in that format and even on mighty low RC--again it's about the contact and I'm curious--The Polaroid 20x24 is always in the mags though the archival quality is very questionable and heck, if people are impressed by that low resolution then how about a real contact from 11x14 color film albeit on lowly RC. Sign me up---well count me in and lets see how it turns out!
    I'll avoid all the bashing please--it's the weekend and Ryan's not offended me--maybe we just have a different perspective on the matter--simple enough!
    I sure hope I did not offend anyone with my intrest in different color processes. I'm not faulting anyone for wanting to print on a certain paper, I would never do that!

I'm just not a color photographer, and only have experience in color with F.C.A paper and RA-4 process, which I did not think was the best thing available at the time. I was just wondering how the people who would be interested in shoot ULF color would be printing their images. I don't doubt the quality of an 11x14 contact print, I know they would be absolutly beautiful whatever they were printing on. Basically, I'm just wondering if Fuji C.A. and inkjet prints are the only options one would have.

Thanks

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Options for printing color negs would be Fuji Crystal Archive and Kodak Endura, inkjet, there are one or two people still doing dye transfer, color carbon for the very industrious, Fresson for those who like it and can afford it and are accepted, and Ilfochrome via digital or interpositive I suppose. I've seen some great multilayer gum prints as well--I think these were 6-color separations from slide film.

I've seen great results on Fuji Crystal Archive by LightJet, Chromira, and traditional projection printing. Like anything, the skill of the printer is usually more of a limiting factor than the potential of the material.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    count me in for color 11x14.. preferably negative

Jim Collum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin