Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,884   Posts: 1,520,523   Online: 843

Shooter
    ULarge Format

7 x 17 development trays - inexpensive and work great!

For those of you 7 x 17 users (maybe 8 x 20 too) - and some of you may already know this, but I use Seed Trays, which are durable, reuseable and CHEAP!

http://www.parkseed.com/webapp/wcs/s...&OfferCode=S1H

Sorry for the long link, but its www.parkseed.com, and you can do a search for seed trays. They provide very nice service. The tray is 22x11x2 3/4, so it's perfect. They have grooves on the bottom for ease of shuffling film if you develop by inspection. Given the size, I suspect it would work for 8 x 20 too, but I have not tried that size. I have done develpment by inspection with 6 - 7x17 images, with no problem.

They are sturdy enough for re-use and pouring chemicals back into containers.

4 or more for $5.73 each... 10 or more is $4.99. I have trays for negs and for paper darkroom work, because they are so in expensive. Would seem to be a lot easier than 16x20 trays.

Just thought some of you might like to know.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    I have to agree, Scott. I use a different brand (I forget which) of somewhat smaller trays for 7x17 (they're 8x20) and they do work great while saving space and chems required and are dirt cheap to boot. Mine were like $2 per at a local greenhouse supply store. A really good fit for panoramic film indeed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great idea... But in the picture on the link - are those holes in the bottom of the trays?
    My Verito page

Anyone can appreciate a fine print. But it takes a real photographer to appreciate a fine negative.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    No holes. Kind of looks that way. But no. Trays work great just as they are.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin